Every author dreams of generating revenue from their life’s passion – writing. But did you know you could win $1,500 just by self-publishing your book? It’s true! Your high-quality work (and our help) could net you a nice bit of cash in our Best Book of the Year contest.
Every year, Outskirts Press recognizes the best book we publish with our annual Outskirts Press Best Book of the Year award, which pits just three finalists against each other in a public poll on the Outskirts Press Self-Publishing News blog. Here’s how it works:
- Authors who order the Diamond or Pearl publishing package and are published in 2015 are automatically entered for consideration.
- Outskirts Press production and marketing teams and executive staff hand-select up to 5% of the books we publish over the course of the year for consideration. These titles are nominated by us for the Colorado Independent Publishers Association EVVY Awards, held in Denver each summer.
- Books that win EVVY awards will be considered for Best Book of the Year. Contenders will be chosen as finalists, and will receive promotion in Outskirts Press newsletters and social media channels.
- Readers of the SelfPublishingNews.com blog will determine the Best Book of the Year winner in a public vote.
You hold your fate in your hands: Publish now, promote shamelessly, and be ready for consideration for the Best Book of the Year – and possibly $1,500 – in 2015!
|RECEIVE 10% OFF OUR TWO MOST POPULAR PACKAGES!|
|Save 10% instantly when you choose to publish with our industry-leading Diamond publishing service or our full-color Pearl publishing service.
|TOP 5 PUBLISHING HEADLINES|
- Top 10 best-selling books in self-publishing for March 2015
- Top 10 self-publishing book marketing tactics for March 2015
- Celebrate Earth Day (and protect Mother Earth) by adding an e-book format
- The importance of a good book cover
- Let Outskirts Press help you get in front of millions with the Google Books Preview Option
|AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT & SUCCESS STORY|
I am very happy that Outskirts Press exists. My cover design is incredibly professional. As soon as I show my children’s book to someone they become overjoyed. The color, the illustrations, and the book itself is so admired.
L. Gina Davis attended York College in 1997, where she studied child psychology. She is the author of a poem entitled “Sweetheart,” featured in Moonlight Wishes, a collection of poems published in 1996 with the National Library of Poetry. She is happily married with three children and lives in Queens, New York.
In this fast-paced, riveting tale, we meet a cranky old witch named Lolita who delights in being miserable. When she hears the laughter and witnesses the fun and merriment the children are having at the playground, she is furious. With the help of her loyal cat Bufu, Lolita comes up with a scheme to transform herself into a beautiful queen to lure the happy children away from the playground-and put an end to the joyful noise once and for all! Humorous and entertaining, Ooh Lolita also carries an important reminder for children about the dangers of putting their trust in strangers-even a strange and beautiful queen who asks for help to find a lost pet.
– L. Gina Davis, author of Ooh Lolita