Whether you’re a new author, a seasoned pro or just thinking about self-publishing, there’s always much to consider along the publishing journey. In fact, as much blood, sweat and tears as you poured into your first draft manuscript, it’s usually the easiest part of the journey if you opt to go it alone!
Many authors find themselves overwhelmed with all the “little finishing touches” that add up to a huge workload just to get their book in tip-top shape for publication: creating a beautiful cover; crafting cover copy that’s both SEO-friendly and compelling to prospective buyers; polishing the manuscript until it’s flawless; formatting for a beautiful paperback and hardcover book, as well as for a fully functional ebook … You’ll need to be a Jack/Jill-of-all-trades with a lot of time on your hands to cover all that creative territory!
Understandably – and wisely, we might add – many authors hire professional creatives with specialized skills to take these tasks off their hands. Here are five smart ways to get the most out of these creatives services and save money in the process.
- Look for money-saving bundles. No one wants to get nickeled and dimed when they self-publish. Our publishing packages are assembled to help you get everything you need to publish and market your book at a discounted package price. From comprehensive One-Click Suites tailored to specific book genres to publishing packages such as the Ultimate and Full-Color, bundles save you time and money, and spare you the stress of cherry-picking services.
- Think outside the bundle. There’s no need to accept an all-or-nothing approach. Not only does Outskirts Press package the essentials into convenient publishing suites, but we have scores of optional custom creative services you can select or add to your publishing package, including Custom Cover Design, Custom Illustrations, Professional Copy Editing and Enhanced Interior Formatting. In fact, we offer more creative options than any other self-publishing company.
- Personalize, customize, revitalize. Never feel you must purchase more or less than what you need. Although Outskirts Press publishing packages are exceptionally well-crafted, you’re always free to build your own menu of services to get something that’s even more precise to your needs. It costs nothing to chat with an Outskirts Press Publishing Consultant at 1-888-672-6657 or via our live online chat option; a consultant can help you choose the perfect products.
- Rely on specialized expertise. Once you’ve chosen your package and/or creative options, know that you can relax and hand off the heavy lifting to graphic designers, professional formatters, marketing copywriters, seasoned copy editors and other talented creative service providers with experience in the publishing industry.
- Never be afraid to ask for help. It’s our desire to always tell you “yes.” We realize every author’s work is unique and every situation is different – so if anything is ever “close but not quite,” let us know and we’ll make it perfect for you. Outskirts Press will always work with you one-on-one to ensure you have the services you need and that those services are delivered to you in a manner that works best for you.
At Outskirts Press, we want to help bring your unique vision to life. Your book is a one-of-a-kind work, so we’ve designed a full range of products from which you can pick and choose to get service that’s as unique as your book! Learn more about which ones are right for you by speaking with an Outskirts Press Publishing Consultant at 1-888-672-6657 or via the live online chat option on our website.