We at Outskirts Press want to extend to all our published authors our best wishes for a safe, happy and prosperous Holiday Season. As our gift to you, we’ve packaged five golden marketing tips that are sure to make your selling days merry and bright!
- Jingle Your Bells. There’s no better time to put limited advertising dollars to good use than just before the big holiday book-buying rush, when readers are primed for a splurge or two. Even if advertising isn’t in the budget the rest of the year, consider investing in advertising ahead of Christmas. Outskirts Press can help you decide what ads will have the most impact.
- Deck the Halls. The run up to Christmas is a good time to refresh the Amazon listing for your book with professionally written text that’s optimized for search engines. And whether you’re planning a holiday sale or releasing a new book, don’t forget to publicize it with a press release: It’s an exceptionally cost-effective way to get the word out to major players in the news business.
- Hire an Elf. Let’s face it: Things get hectic in the writing workshop, especially during the holidays! Farm out some of the legwork to an elf – your Personal Marketing Assistant (PMA). Your PMA will help you implement targeted holiday marketing, plus give you a great start for selling in the coming year.
- Hang Your “Stockings.” You’ll be doing a lot of mixing and mingling this time of year, so don’t come empty-handed. Consider “stocking” up (see what we did there?) on author copies so you can take advantage of the many selling opportunities that come with rubbing elbows with others.
- Put Up the Lights. Let your neighbors know you’re in the holiday bookselling spirit by putting out your “Christmas lights” – your author platform. If you haven’t already, establish a presence on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. If you’re busy hanging your real Christmas lights, Outskirts Press can handle everything for you!
Just two or three (or all five) of these marketing approaches will go a long way toward boosting holiday sales – allowing you to have yourself a merry little Christmas!
Get a jump start on your holiday book marketing today by downloading this FREE whitepaper from Outskirts Press: Book Marketing Tips for the Holiday Season
|SIX CONTESTS IN ONE GREAT PACKAGE!
There are many book awards and contests available to authors; Outskirts Press has vetted them all to identify 6 of the most promising and meaningful. Now is the season to enter these great book awards! The Book Award Submissions Package includes everything you need to enter these 6 major book award contests. And the best part is, Outskirts Press takes care of all of the details!
The six awards are:
- Writer’s Digest International Self-Published Awards
- The National Best Books Awards
- The Next Generation Indie Book Awards
- The Reader Views Literary Awards
- The Benjamin Franklin Awards
- ForeWord Reviews Book of the Year Awards
Outskirts Press will handle all the details, including:
- the award submission fees
- registering your book with each program
- sending each program the necessary review copies of your book
- accurately and completely filling out the necessary entry forms
- selecting the most appropriate category for your book
- shipping and handling costs of your book to each of the contest’s multiple judges
Many awards only accept books in the current copyright year (some will accept older books). If you just published your book this year, it is definitely the time to enter before it’s too late!
|TOP 10 DIAMOND BOOKS FROM OUTSKIRTS PRESS AUTHORS