The Outskirts Press Book Blast is a bargain any time, but now it’s an even better deal. For the month of June, Outskirts Press authors get $100 off an already affordable book marketing campaign package! Just use the promotion code BKBLAST100 at checkout.
The Outskirts Press Book Blast includes five of our most popular book marketing options, including a Custom Press Release, PR Publicist Campaign, Book Review Submission Service, Book Video with social network distribution, and 5 hours with the Personal Marketing Assistant.
The custom, professionally-written press release combines information solicited from the author with the professional expertise of our PR writer for a unique, custom release that is focused on the uniqueness of your book. As the author, you will receive a copy for your records or to further refine and then our News Wire distribution kicks in.
Through distribution, your custom press release is:
- electronically distributed to a database of approximately 100,000 media contacts, newsrooms, industry analysts and freelance writers who receive daily email listings of press releases that match their filter criteria. In the publishing category these include newspapers (Wall Street Journal, New York Times, and USA Today, for example.), magazines (Foreword, Publisher’s Weekly, etc.), and applicable websites and ezines
- posted to syndicated news feeds on other websites through our XML/RSS news feed. Adding this news feed increases exposure to your press release.
- optimized for search engine indexing.
With the PR Publicist Campaign, a publicist will handle further press release distribution of your custom-written press release with additional, targeted distribution and follow-up phone calls to key leads.
We will email your custom release directly to book reviewers and editors in print, radio, television, trades, ezines, syndicates and wires locally, regionally and nationwide. This additional distribution circuit is exclusively available through the PR Publicist Campaign, and consists of over 21,000 national media contacts. Applicable trade publications selected for your subject are included free of charge. Then, we will send you every single media lead that results from your publicist campaign.
3. 60-Second Book Video Trailer and Digital Viral Distribution
The Book Video Trailer is like a movie trailer for your book. With this service, you enjoy several benefits:
- Music, text, video — we handle the entire production for you.
- You take a look at the first version and make revisions.
- We modify the video once to your specs for the final version,
- Final length is 1 minute for optimal online video sharing.
- We send you the 6mb video file via email.
- Now you have a Book Video to use in any/all of your marketing efforts, however you want.
We also upload your video to popular social networking websites, perfect for enhancing search engine optimization for keyword searches of your name and book title. Successful viral marketing efforts begin at all the sites where we distribute your video, including:
- Yahoo! Video
- Daily Motion
- and more
Our book videos are unlike any other book videos available, featuring Hollywood-style production values and a cutting-edge look and feel. Take a look at a sample of our new and improved Book Video Trailers with enhanced online network distribution that includes Twitter and Facebook!
With the Book Review Submission Service you send us 10 copies of your book, and we administer the submission of your book to book reviewers who, in our experience, have demonstrated a tendency to review alternatively published and self-published books. Included with the promotional copy of your book is a professional cover letter designed to grab the attention of book reviewers.
While no one — neither the author nor Outskirts Press can guarantee a review or a glowing endorsement — positive reviews on popular websites and blogs or within popular journals can improve sales and lead to the word-of-mouth that can drive sales.
5. Personal Marketing Assistant
A Personal Marketing Assistant can help you with more personal and specific marketing needs focusing solely on your unique book and “platform” as an author. You will get a 5-hour block of time to consult with your assistant and figure out how to successfully market your book. There are many things your Personal Marketing Assistant can help you with:
- PR Publicist Campaign lead follow-up
- Suggesting advertising venues for your book and placing those ads for you
- Calling bookstores in your area to pitch your book and/or arrange book signings
- and much more