When most of us think of book fairs, we tend to do so from the reader’s perspective. We imagine browsing the beautiful covers, flipping the crisp pages and, ultimately, taking home an armload of them for months of reading pleasure.
Book fairs are a boon for readers. Well, some of the same things that make book fairs beneficial for consumers also make them beneficial for you, the author, and you don’t even need to crisscross the country to get to them! Outskirts Press can get your book out and about for you (more on that in a bit).
Here are three valuable benefits you can reap through attendance at a big book fair:
- Exposure. Thousands of readers, agents and publishing industry pros – sometimes hundreds of thousands – attend the major book fairs in London, Frankfurt, Beijing and more. Even if someone doesn’t purchase your book the day of the fair, you gain exposure for your byline that can help you down the road.
- Sales. Odds are, however, you’ll make connections with many readers during these well-attended events. Any situation that puts you face to face with readers is an opportunity to sell.
- Real Connections. Readers and industry professionals who have no trouble deleting marketing emails or navigating away from a page are generally far more receptive when they meet the author or author representative in person. This personal connection is an opportunity to get them excited about your book in ways a summary or cover art cannot. Often, they generate word-of-mouth long after the fair is over.
If you’re new to book fairs, consider one (or all) of the following epic book events where Outskirts Press can represent you and your book:
- LONDON BOOK FAIR – Capitalize by exposing your book to key industry contacts like acquisitions agents, editors and translation rights agents.
- BOOK EXPO OF AMERICA (BEA) – Every year the BEA welcomes more than 100,000 international attendees, authors, publishers, agents and buyers.
- BEIJING INTERNATIONAL BOOK FAIR – Readership in China represents an enormous opportunity (and gap that needs to be filled) for translations and publishers seeking to feed the frenzy.
- FRANKFURT BOOK FAIR – Each year, nearly 10,000 publishing professionals and industry insiders converge on this event, which hosts approximately 50% more international publishers than BEA.
Take the plunge by getting your book in front of hundreds of thousands of curious eyes around the world via the Global Book Tour.
|TOP 10 DIAMOND BOOKS FROM OUTSKIRTS PRESS AUTHORS|