We are excited to hear from our authors always, of course, but we are extra-excited to invite you to join us in sharing those experiences during our 7th Annual “Show Us Your Love” social media event and video contest. All you have to do to be eligible for a win is count the ways you love Outskirts Press!
The annual event, appropriately enough, takes place around Valentine’s Day, and this time around we’re spreading the self-publishing love to you with a fabulous grand prize: a brand-new Microsoft Surface Pro. The deadline to enter “Show Us Your Love” is Feb. 16, 2018.
Showing your love is easy. Here’s how the contest works:
- Record a brief video between 1 and 3 minutes long that demonstrates your deep and abiding love for your book, your publishing experience and Outskirts Press. The more creative, the better.
- Email your video file in an .mp4 or .mov format to firstname.lastname@example.org. The contest is open through Friday, February 16.
- Outskirts Press will share your video on Facebook Page, YouTube Channel and Twitter Feed and Google+, increasing exposure for you and your book. (Please Note: By submitting a video for this contest, authors grant Outskirts Press permission to post videos to its social media platforms for promotional purposes.)
- The three finalists who receive the most “likes” on Facebook for their entries will be selected for a public vote on the Outskirts Press blog from February 19-23 to determine the winner. Be sure you follow us on Facebook, Twitter and elsewhere so you can “like” your favorite videos and visit our blog to vote!
- The winner of the Microsoft Surface Pro computer will be announced via the blog on Feb. 28, 2018.
Last year’s bumper crop of video submissions displayed a true labor of love. When the dust settled, our friends and followers identified Jackie Fischer, author of The Lost Branch, who showed us all what love looks like ad won a new HP Touch-Screen Laptop in the process. You can see Jackie’s winning video here. Runners up were Patti Reim, author of I like Big Buts and John E. Peltier, author of The Thundering Herd.
We can’t wait to hear the stories you have for us this year, so submit your video as early as you can! The sooner your video goes live, the more exposure you’ll receive and the more “likes” you can collect. Share the link to your video once we post it to our Facebook page with all your friends, family members, fans and social media followers! (And of course, don’t forget to “like” your own video.) Contests such as this one serve as valuable — and free! — promotion for your books, so we hope you have a chance to sit down and whip up a great video in the days to come!
And that’s all the information you need to get started. We’ll be standing by to receive and share your videos, as well as to answer any questions you might have. Swing on by our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/OutskirtsPress or our YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/user/outskirtspress to get a glimpse of some spectacular self-publishing love!
|Submit Your Video|
|Publish Your Story|