We all know that the internet is moving toward video. Book video trailers uploaded to YouTube, MySpace and other video networking and social networking sites can kick start viral marketing campaigns geared toward word-of-mouth promotion. What other opportunities exist for authors once they have their book video in hand?
In a word, Amazon.
Amazon’s blog lets you upload your video directly to your book listing page. How do you do that? By following these simple steps:
- Create an AmazonConnect account if you don’t already have one at http://amazon.com/connect
- Create a new blog posting
- When the blob interface appears, click the tab that says “Video”
- Browse your hard drive for your video file and upload it
- Complete the form and click the Save button.
Your video will be in your Amazon blog within a few minutes. Further details about AmazonConnect are provided to Outskirts Press Diamond and Pearl authors after their books are published. Book video trailers and Amazon are just the beginning of the self-promotion marathon, but they are good beginnings:
Above is an example of the book video that plays from the Self-Publishing Simplified book listing on Amazon.
Or visit the Amazon page for The Daughter-in-Law Rules for another example of a book video created by an author.
For more details about book video trailers, see the previous blog posting.
To experience self-publishing simplified first-hand, visit Outskirts Press.