There are several questions that people ask each other when they get together:
“How is your family?”
“What are you reading?”
And chances are if you’re not listed on Goodreads…it might not be your book.
Goodreads is “the world’s largest site for readers and book recommendations.” People log in to find out what their friends are reading, what other people like, and book club suggestions. With 40 million members and 1.5 billion books, Goodreads is one of the easiest and most effective ways to gain an audience for your book.
Forty million readers is an obvious reason to participate on Goodreads. But what are some of the hidden advantages to being an author listed on the website? How about:
- Personal interaction/online discussions with your readers
- Reviews from readers that might help you with future manuscripts
- An author “dashboard” that allows you to track statistics on who is reading your book
Outskirts Press is now making promoting your work on Goodreads easier and more affordable than ever. Right now you can take advantage of the Goodreads Marketing Campaign for 10% off the regular price using the promo code: Save10Good. As part of this option you’ll receive:
- A 30-minute consultation with a marketing expert
- Assistance in setting up your professional Goodreads Author Profile
- Advice on how to connect with the right readers
- Help with setting up a book giveaway to generate more excitement about your book
- Create a “per-click” ad on Goodreads to target your audience
So, what are you waiting for?
Forty million people are looking for your book.
P.S. Our website is going to be upgraded and relaunched as of August 1, 2016. You’ll notice that our new website will display on a variety of devices, including computers, tablets and Smartphones. Along with a new website, we will be introducing new publishing packages and services as well. You can learn more about our changes by following us on Facebook Page, Twitter Feed or our blog.