Book awards are so much more than a pat on the back for an author – they’re an underutilized marketing tool with many benefits besides the recognition. (More on that in a bit.) The 2017-2018 Reader Views Literary Awards are right around the corner, and we at Outskirts Press don’t want this valuable exposure to pass you by.
The Reader Views Literary Awards recognize writers who self-published or had their books published by a subsidy publisher, small press, university press or independent book publisher. If you copyrighted a self-published book in 2017, you are eligible to submit your book for the 2017-2018 awards and the cash prizes and kudos that come with a win. The deadline for submitting through Outskirts Press is coming soon! Let us know you’d like to enter, and we’ll take care of the details for you!
Other than full-service awards submission, what’s in it for you? Turns out, plenty! Here are five ways book awards benefit self-publishing authors like you:
- You score media visibility. A book award can create big media buzz – and there’s no better marketing than that. Where the media goes, readers will follow.
- Readers take notice. Book buyers look to award wins and reviews to help them determine the quality of a book before they make a purchasing decision. So, it stands to reason that the more recognition you get – and the more of them that come from reputable sources – the more value potential buyers will ascribe to your book.
- The domino effect. Awards inspire reviews. The more awards you have, the more likely you are to get noticed by other book award panels and reviewers. Prospective readers will take notice!
- Amazon shows support. Once a book begins to catch fire with book awards, reader engagement and reviews, Amazon will want to back that book. After all, all that activity influences purchases, and Amazon wants its sellers to succeed.
- The bottom line grows. More awards means more visibility, which is likely to translate into more sales. Of course, there’s no guarantee but a feather in your cap is a huge step toward turning pageviews into follow-throughs.
See? Win or no win, book competitions get your title in front of savvy literary professionals and eager readers. To submit your book to the Reader Views Literary Awards, log into your Publishing Center and select the Reader Views Literary Awards from the Marketing Solutions menu. We’ll take care of the rest.
|Submit Your Book|