If you’re the self-published author of a Christian book, you probably already know that there’s a large and devout following for books of your genre. The question is how do you make sure they find you?
As Easter approaches, let Outskirts Press help you spring forward in your book marketing efforts. Below are seven of the best ways to market your self-published Christian book to readers who are looking for inspiration from authors like you!
- Host a Christian Book Event — Connect with members of your own church family and other churches at a special book launch party. Or, if area churches already have events such as church bazaars or yard sales planned, you might want to piggyback on these well-attended socials by setting up a booth.
- Global Book Tour — Spring heralds the official start of international book fair season, starting with the London Book Fair in early spring. The Global Book Tour places you in the middle of the action at this and three other massive literary events: Book Expo, the Beijing International Book Fair and the Frankfurt Book Fair. When you register for the Global Book Tour, you receive personal representation from Outskirts Press at all four events, exposure before hundreds of thousands of industry pros, and valuable leads you can follow up on personally.
- Plan an Easter Giveaway — Hold an Easter-themed book contest on your social media pages. Let readers guess the number of jelly beans in a jar or compete for best Easter bonnet to win an Easter basket that includes your book.
- Elite e-Book Bundle — Simply making your book available to a broader audience is one of the most effective marketing tools you can employ. With the Elite e-Book Bundle from Outskirts Press, your book will be formatted and distributed for an Amazon Kindle E-book Edition on Amazon, an Apple iPad/iPhone E-book Edition in the iTunes and iBooks bookstores, and a Barnes & Noble NOOK E-book Edition with distribution through the NOOK bookstore on Barnes & Noble’s website. Millions of e-book readers worldwide will have access to your book instantly.
- Spring Arbor Christian Distribution — Spring Arbor Christian Distributors provides superior distribution services for books intended to bring readers closer to God. Outskirts Press authors with the Ultimate or Full-Color publishing package can receive free Spring Arbor Christian submission, but this distribution is available as a low-cost option to other authors. Because Spring Arbor Distributors serve a specific purpose, not all titles submitted for consideration are accepted. Spring Arbor exercises its own discretion on the titles they accept.
- Spirituality & Health Magazine Co-op Ad — Expand your book’s reach to an astounding 85,000 qualified leads through Spirituality & Health magazine. Your Outskirts Press co-op ad in this magazine targets largely affluent readers who are already interested in exploring spirituality—an audience predisposed to purchasing Christian books. Plus, co-op ads cost a fraction of what it costs to run a full-color ad on your own.
- Personal Marketing Assistant — Whether you published through Outskirts Press or another publisher, you can take advantage of our marketing prowess by hiring a Personal Marketing Assistant (PMA) to help you achieve your selling goals. Sold in 5-hour blocks of time, your PMA service is the perfect way to identify your target audience and the marketing strategies you need to reach them.
Ready to take control of your Christian book marketing? Log in to your Publishing Center at www.outskirtspress.com to get started on a spring of selling!