If a store carried a popular brand of jeans, but only in one size, they’d be missing out on a big group of consumers. The same philosophy can be applied to book publishing. If you want to reach as many readers as possible, consider releasing a digital version of your book — an e-book — just in time for the holidays.
You’ve already done the hard part by publishing your hardcopy or paperback book. The editing, cover design, and back cover copy are all finished, and marketing efforts are in play. Why not take the next, easy step and have your book converted to a digital edition? Outskirts Press will take care of all the details!
While it’s true that some consumers prefer print editions — they want to hold a book in their hands, ruffle the pages, stroke the shiny cover — others are Kindle or NOOK people, representing a large group of readers who won’t have access to your book if it’s only in print form. If you want to reach as many readers as possible, it makes sense to release your book in multiple formats. Plus, there are some definite advantages to e-books:
- E-books are lower-priced than print versions. And people who are on the fence about a book may take a chance on a lower-priced digital version.
- It only takes a few seconds to download an e-book and start reading. Plus you can shop in your PJs!
- Don’t want your fellow commuters to see what you’re reading? You can enjoy your bodice-ripper in total anonymity with a digital edition!
- E-books have clickable Table of Contents, so you can quickly go to the page or chapter you want.
- With syncing, you can read the same book on different devices, whether it’s a Kindle or your smartphone, and you can pick up just where you left off.
- E-books are better for the environment, and you can take hundreds of books wherever you go without having to lug the hard copies around!
- Other e-book features include Highlights and Annotations, Dictionaries and Translations, and the X-Ray feature, which gives the reader a list of all the major and minor characters in the book, along with other references. And e-readers allow you to adjust the font to make reading even easier.
With the holidays approaching, consumers are buying more books for personal pleasure and for gift-giving. Make the most of this time by offering potential readers the option of print or digital versions of your book. More formats on Amazon means more exposure, and more exposure translates to more success for you!
Amazon Kindle and NOOK editions start at $249. Click here to get started. Or add your book to the two million titles featured on Barnes & Noble’s NOOK Edition and tap into this growing market!