There will come a day – perhaps soon – when your masterpiece is finally complete, and you’ll be ready to publish on all the major bookselling markets. When that day comes, you’ll want to be laser-like in your focus as you position your book to sell. Even before your book is done, it’s helpful to think about how you will market and sell it when it’s done.
For the purpose of this discussion, we’ll focus on the largest bookseller, Amazon. When your book is published, you’ll want to ensure that you’re positioning it properly to sell. The following are some things you’ll need to do to give your book the best chance possible of selling in the competitive Amazon marketplace:
- Have a laser-focused description. “What is your book about?” is one of the most common questions an author gets. You should be able to answer this well in just one or two short sentences.
- Choose the most appropriate book categories. Most retailers offer a limited number of categories for each book. It’s important to choose extremely carefully so you attract the right readers.
- Cultivate a clear mental image of your average reader. For the reason stated above, it’s vital to know exactly who your reader is – before, during and after the writing is done. Is your reader a 45-year-old upper class woman, or a college-age young man? You’ll speak to these two individuals in much different ways.
- Choose targeted keywords. Keywords come into play in the process of writing your synopsis. Again, you’re limited in how many you can choose, so think about these keywords carefully.
It may seem straightforward, but remember that all of these elements must be tied up in an Amazon listing that’s not only optimized for all the major search engines, but is also brief enough – less than 200 words, if possible – so potential buyers get the info they need quickly without getting bored and moving on to something else. Not so simple after all!
Let Outskirts Press help you strike that fine balance and get the edge you need to unlock your selling potential.
|START PUBLISHING AND GET A FREE AMAZON EXTREME!
The Amazon Extreme marketing package from Outskirts Press offers self-publishing authors a head start on book marketing by taking triple advantage of the immense audience of Amazon, the largest online retailer in the United States. This package includes: An Amazon Kindle edition of your book, Amazon’s Search Inside the Book feature and the Amazon Cover Enhancement. These valuable, popular options are free for authors who start publishing in June. Start today with the promotion code below when you choose to publish with our industry-leading Diamond publishing service or our full-color Pearl publishing service to receive the FREE Amazon Extreme Marketing Package.
Enter the promotion code FreeAEJUNE15 when checking out of your shopping cart while purchasing the popular Diamond package or the full color Pearl publishing package by June 30, 2015.
|TOP 5 PUBLISHING HEADLINES|
- Top 10 best selling books in self-publishing for April 2015
- Top 10 self-publishing book marketing tactics for April 2015
- Get your self-published book reviewed by professionals today!
- 2014 Outskirts Press EVVY Award finalists announced
- 2015 Colorado Book Awards to be sponsored by Outskirts Press
|AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT & SUCCESS STORY|
“After completing my fourth manuscript, and after having already published my previous book with Outskirts Press, I did not hesitate to have my latest book – The Parliament Men – published with Outskirts Press. During the entire process, I was again pleased by both the attention my book was given, and by the timeliness of the process. The entire publishing process was very professional. One of the many positive steps I like about Outskirts is how they handled everything needed to turn my book into a E-book for me! Great job by all!”
Peter F. Warren is retired from the Connecticut State Police Department. An Honor Graduate of the Connecticut State Police Academy, he is also a graduate of the University of New Haven, and of the FBI National Academy. He is also the author of The Horry County Murders, and two Civil War novels. Currently, he resides in South Carolina with his wife.
Peter Warren has again created another extraordinary piece of work with his latest book. As a former homicide commander, this book captured so well the experiences and encounters homicide detectives are confronted with each case they investigate. Readers will find this story riveting and hard to put down as they follow Warren’s detectives and the clues they are pursuing.
– Peter F. Warren, author of The Parliament Men