May is almost over, and if you had plans to publish in 2018, it may now seem an unobtainable goal. We’re here to tell you it’s not. Not only is it completely realistic to publish in 2018, but it is probably quicker and more affordable than you may have assumed.
Here are our Top 3 tips for moving forward with self-publishing and a special offer to help you save in the process:
- Set specific goals. Instead of one broad, sweeping goal “to publish this year,” consider what specific things need to happen to reach that target, then make mini-resolutions to tackle these hurdles one by one. For example, resolve to finish your manuscript before the kids’ summer break is over, or to edit, proofread and submit your manuscript by Labor Day.
- Be ambitious but realistic. Simply telling yourself you’ll write something every day won’t motivate you to do it. Set a target that forces you to stretch yourself. “Write 1,000 words per day from June 1 through August 30” is a strenuous but doable goal and helps you envision your progress and eventual success.
- Hold yourself accountable. Set deadlines for all of your tasks and create a system of rewards for meeting your short-term goals. Didn’t meet your task goal? No spa day until you do!
Outskirts Press can help you meet your self-publishing goals so you can end the year with a resolution kept and money saved. From May 29-31 only, we’re offering 15% OFF Ultimate or Full-Color Publishing PLUS a FREE Kindle Edition of your book! So set a specific goal to finish your manuscript, then hold yourself accountable by ordering your publishing package before the “rewards” of a promotional discount and gift expire.
Ready to conquer your self-publishing resolution? Talk with a Publishing Consultant for help choosing the perfect package for you! There are three convenient ways to connect:
- Call us at 1-888-672-6657 (OP-BOOKS)
- Live-chat with us via our website
- Go online to schedule an appointment