Book fairs are a great way to promote your book and learn about the publishing industry. No book fair is more central to the publishing year than the giant annual international get-together known as the Frankfurt Book Fair which takes place October 11th through October 15th.
The Frankfurt Book Fair has over 7,300 exhibitors and approximately 290,000 visitors. The exhibitors and visitors travel from over 100 countries to attend more than 3,000 events occurring at the book fair. This makes the Frankfurt Book Fair a great place to make deals and meet contacts. The featured events such as seminars, conferences, readings, and more are great learning opportunities.
How do you get the most out of the book fairs?
- Take plenty of business cards, and make sure your cards are professional and eye catching
- Find out which journalists, bloggers, and other influencers will be at the event and send them a copy of your press release in advance
- Host an event at your stand. Be sure to advertise your stand event
- Join the Book Fair group on Facebook and LinkedIn to connect with contacts
- Do your research. Find out as much as you can about the scheduled events, market audience, attendees, etc. before the event
- Don’t forget to market on social media before, during, and after the event
For more information the Frankfurt International Book Fair, visit http://www.frankfurt-book-fair.com/en/. While it’s too late to get in on this year’s event, we can help get your book ready to exhibit in the 2018 Frankfurt International Book Fair.