We are excited to hear from our authors at all times, of course, but we are extra-excited to invite you to join us in sharing those experiences during our Annual “Show Us Your Love” social media event and image/video contest. All you have to do to be eligible for a win is count the ways you love Outskirts Press and your published book!
The annual event, appropriately enough, takes place around Valentine’s Day, and we’re spreading the self-publishing love to you with a fabulous grand prize: a brand-new laptop computer. Please note, previous Show Us Your Love contest winners are not eligible to enter the contest within three years with the same book. The deadline to enter “Show Us Your Love” is Friday, February 15th.
Showing your love is easy. Here’s how the contest works:
- Record a brief video between 1 and 3 minutes long that demonstrates your deep and abiding love for your book, your publishing experience and Outskirts Press. The more creative, the better.
- Or alternatively, take a fantastic photo commemorating your love for your Outskirts Press publication. Creativity counts!
- Email your video file in an .mp4 or .mov format or your image in a .jpg or .png format to email@example.com. The contest is open through February 15th.
- Outskirts Press will share your video or image(s) on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and, if applicable, Instagram, increasing exposure for you and your book. (Please Note: By submitting a video or photograph(s) for this contest, authors grant Outskirts Press permission to post said videos or photograph(s) to its social media platforms for promotional purposes.)
- The three finalists who receive the most “likes” on Facebook for their entries will be selected for a public vote on the Outskirts Press blog from February 18th — February 23rd to determine the winner. Be sure you follow us on Facebook, Twitter and elsewhere so you can “like” your favorite videos or images and visit our blog to vote!
- The winner of the laptop computer will be announced via the blog on February 28.
Submit your video or photo(s) as early as you can! The sooner your submission goes live, the more exposure you’ll receive and the more “likes” you can collect. Share the link to your submission once we post it to our Facebook page with all of your friends, family members, fans, and social media followers! (And of course, don’t forget to “like” your own submission on our social media accounts.) Contests such as this one serve as valuable—and free! —promotion for your book, so we hope you have a chance to sit down and whip up a great video or photograph(s) in the days to come!
And that’s all the information you need to get started. We’ll be standing by to receive and share your submissions, as well as to answer any questions you might have. Swing on by our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/OutskirtsPress or our YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/OutskirtsPress to get a glimpse of some spectacular self-publishing love!
Product Description – HP 15.6″ Touch Screen Laptop
Size: Intel CPU+8GB RAM
Notable in every way. From its souped-up performance to its spacious display, the affordable HP Notebook 15 is set to be your go-to laptop. It combines a 7th Gen Intel Core i3 processor with 8GB of memory and a huge 1TB hard drive for excellent multitasking and multimedia capabilities. The Notebook 15 delivers great portability, too, with a weight that’s just 4.6 pounds and slim profile under an inch thin. With 8GB of memory, the Notebook 15 handles multitasking with ease while a 1TB hard drive has the space you need for storing volumes of files. A roomy 15.6-inch HD touchscreen provides a large canvas for work and play, and is excellent for kicking back with a movie. The 7th Gen Intel Core i3 delivers the most responsive performance to date with features like built-in security and 4K resolution support. DTS Studio Sound delivers deep, rich bass and crystal-clear highs, creating a pitch-perfect listening experience for music, videos, and games. A total of three USB ports (1 USB 3.0, 2 USB 2.0) are perfect for connecting and charging peripherals, while HDMI delivers big-screen sharing and entertainment.