First impressions matter in the world of book publishing, but self-published authors sometimes find themselves at a disadvantage. To the uninitiated, there’s often more to a book cover than meets the eye.
A book’s cover speaks volumes about its content and style. Cover art and typography give prospective readers instant data they can use to assess the value of your book:
- Book genre — from romance novel to a science fiction to a spiritual memoir or historical nonfiction
- Intended audience — children or adults, men or women (or both)
- Book title, author, whether it’s part of a series and more
This visual shorthand is designed to intrigue and inspire readers to investigate further … but even with all that in mind, these aren’t the only functions of a book cover! Every cover is replete with ISBN numbers, biographical snippets, blurbs, summaries and other vital components that must impart essential information, yet integrate seamlessly with its visually appealing elements. With so much at stake, how is a self-published author supposed to construct a cover that can hold its own among the thousands of other books out there on the market?
A custom cover can help your book reap all the benefits of making a powerful first impression. And for a limited time this October, we’re offering a FREE Custom Cover Design (valued at $399) with the purchase of our Ultimate or Full-Color Publishing packages.
With this promotion, your book will:
- look professional, lending you credibility as an author
- be visible, hooking potential readers’ attention as they browse through their options
- reach your ideal audience, and be encoded with all of the subtle visual hints specific to their favorite genres
- be informative and comprehensive, providing all of the necessary components to make your book marketable, including details like ISBN numbers and details to convey your book’s story, characters, themes, motivations and underlying messages
To claim your free Custom Cover from Outskirts Press, follow these two steps:
- Enter the promotional code FreeCover-October at checkout
- Then, once you connect with your Publishing Consultant, you will receive the activation code you’ll need to add the custom cover to your purchase
- Call us at 1-888-672-6657 (OP-BOOKS)
- Live-chat with us via our website
- Go online to schedule an appointment
|View Publishing Services|