That “gold mine” in question is your life story, and it could be meaningful to many others beside yourself. If you’ve ever found yourself swapping stories over drinks, reliving the past with old friends or telling those old war stories for the umpteenth time to your grandkids, yours might be a life story worth sharing with the world.
You have something interesting to say, so share it! Here are five reasons you may wish to consider putting pen to paper and penning your memoirs:
- Diary: Think of a memoir as a diary of sorts – a long, poetic, compelling diary. A memoir is your record of your life. That’s reason enough to take a long look back and start remembering everything you can.
- Therapy: Writing can be cathartic, and it’s never more cathartic than when we write about our own experiences. It can be an effective way of exorcising the demons in our own history and moving on to a brighter future.
- Philanthropy: Often, authors – famous, infamous, anonymous and otherwise – share their stories in the hopes that their life experiences can be beneficial to others.
- Legacy: Everyone has a unique story, and every story is a gift. A detailed, philosophical memoir can be a touching gift for future generations that will cherish the perspective you offer of your family’s past.
- Drama: We’d venture to guess that if most people plumbed their pasts, there’s probably rich material to be had. Why not mine that drama?
Fortunately, it’s never been easier to not only record your life story for posterity but to publish and market the book that results from that process as well. Publishing packages from Outskirts Press make it super easy to publish your memoirs, and the popular Memoir Writing Kit can even help you write it!
You bring the memories, and we’ll bring the know-how!
Do you want to get the Memoir Writing Kit for free?
Visit the Outskirts Press Facebook Page for a chance to win a FREE Memoir Writing Kit. Through July 26, each weekday we are posting a question from the Memoir Writing Kit. Fans can simply answer the question in a comment to the post to enter for a chance to win a free copy. One winner will be selected each week and the winning response will be the one with the most “Likes” that week. If you want to be one of the THREE talented authors to win a free Memoir Writing Kit from Outskirts Press, be sure to invite your friends and family to “Like” your responses. Each Monday we will choose the response from the previous week with the most “Likes” to be the recipient of the Memoir Writing Kit. Good luck and happy writing!
|YOU CAN SAVE $100 OR MORE WHEN YOU START PUBLISHING TODAY!
Start today by entering the promotion code 10JULY13 when checking out of your shopping cart while purchasing the popular Diamond package or the full color Pearl publishing package.
In addition to receiving 10% off, you’ll also receive the following with your Diamond package:
- Standard Press Release. $99 value included free when you order your Diamond publishing service today.
- Audio Excerpt. $99 value included free with your Diamond order today and a great way to share your voice with your readers, literally!
- E-Book Edition (pdf). $99 value included free with your Diamond publishing service.
- Cover Image. $99 value included free and a great way to enhance your cover.
- Spring Arbor additional distribution. $99 value to complement the Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Ingram availability already included with your Diamond publishing service.
All in all, you’re looking at over $600 of free stuff in July!
|TOP 5 PUBLISHING HEADLINES|
- July is Memoir Month with Outskirts Press
- Fandemonium finalists announced for 3rd annual Facebook anthology for self-publishing authors
- Pinterest Book Marketing for self-publishing authors: David N. Jolly
- 5 reasons authors should keep hard copies on hand
- Self-publishing fiction writers now have a better choice for high-quality publishing and marketing
|AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT & SUCCESS STORY|
“I had an outstanding experience with Outskirts. I am so new at this and I continually flooded the various reps with tons of rookie questions. Nobody at Outskirts made me feel like a goof for asking…they simply provided the answers. I appreciate them never laughing to my face. It was very noble of them. I thank all the team.”
Randy Cochran grew up as a caddy and attended Marquette University after receiving a Chick Evans Scholarship. After college he joined the PGA of America to become a golf professional. Randy married his wife, Barb, in 1984 and they have three daughters. Randy worked as the Golf Professional at Briarwood Country Club near Chicago for 26 years, teaching countless junior golfers. Throughout his golf pro and coaching life, he wrote hundreds of silly poems and told many made up stories for all occasions. As his own children became adults they and Barb urged him to write some of those stories down. Now he has.
Critter Golf: The Adventures at Owl’s Nest is a story that mixes friendship, golf and true amazement. A possum, a rabbit, a raccoon, and a squirrel sure make an odd foursome, but these four furry pals prove there is nothing they won’t do for one another. You will cheer for them while they root for each other. You will laugh and smile as these friends giggle their way through many exciting adventures. There are so many questions to answer. How do these critters learn to play golf? Can a rabbit really learn to climb a tree? Can a possum escape a hungry pack of coyotes? What begins as a story of golf becomes a test for survival. These buddies never forget the lessons learned from local PGA pros or the lessons gained from the bonds of great friendship.
– Randy Cochran, author of Critter Golf