Now, here’s a holiday we can all get into: National Book Lovers Day (NBLD)!
Occurring annually (usually on August 9), this is a day just for you and your fellow bibliophiles to sink into the bath with a glass of vino and a juicy read and guiltlessly indulge your inner bookworm. As if you needed a reason . . .
As writers and authors, you’re the driving force behind national days like today. So, aside from page-flipping, how else can you mark the occasion? Here are three ways to celebrate National Book Lovers Day today with other readers, including your own:
- Give the gift of reading. Host a book giveaway on social media. Give your network of friends a chance to win an autographed hardcopy of your book or copies of your favorite reads. Consider giving copies to the first people to like, share, or retweet your contest post, or perhaps a gift basket with your book, a mug, hot cocoa, and other knickknacks to the person who tags the most friends in the Comments Section. Oh, and remember to use hashtags such as #NationalBookLoversDay or #NBLD in all related posts.
- Feed the reading bug. Encourage reading through philanthropy. Drop in on your local libraries and schools to donate books in honor of the occasion. Other great places to donate include nursing homes, veterans’ organizations, hospitals, and shelters.
- Stick your nose in a book. Relaxing with a guilty pleasure is always an option. In fact, the best writers are those who are also avid readers. So go ahead and proudly tuck into a steamy novel or a fast-paced mystery—it all counts. Consider it “personal development.”
In honor of today being National Book Lovers Day, you may consider one of these top five Outskirts Press Bestsellers from June as your reading choice:
- Recipes for Joyous Living by Julie Spencer Washington & Sulie Gooden Spencer
- Brim by Mike MacIver
- Izzy the Cowgirl Corgi by Kady Toole
- Destiny Lady by Keith Zerkle
- Sonny Boy and Jewel Griffin by Mike Tolbert
Are you, or is someone you know on the fence about self-publishing? Then use NBLD to take the leap and save on self-publishing in the process!
Along with the paperback format, Outskirts Press is currently including 3 Digital editions of your book when you publish your book today with the Ultimate Black & White or Full-Color Publishing Package. You will receive:
- A paperback edition
- An Amazon Kindle eBook edition
- A Barnes & Noble NOOK eBook edition
- An Apple Books eBook edition
Just place the package in your cart and enter promo code digitaledi at checkout.
If you’re already published, congratulations—you’ve made a valuable contribution to readers’ enjoyment of National Book Lovers Day. Reach more readers with the popular Outskirts Press Social Media Set-Up and Strategy, now 10% Off! Login to your Author’s Publishing Center, place this marketing bundle into your cart, and enter promo code tensocial at checkout.
Now, let’s all celebrate!