Other self-publishers offer “white papers” or “tip sheets” or “advice columns” focusing on specific topics or obstacles an author may face when self-publishing a book. While often more informative (at least about said topic or obstacle), these white papers are usually much shorter, and therefore of less perceived value.
A few self-publishing companies combine their publishing guide with a robust collection of white papers and tip sheets to create a treasure trove of helpful resources for writers. The guide typically markets the company and its offerings, perhaps sheds light on the self-publishing and book marketing processes, and shines a spotlight on a successful authors. The white papers, advice columns, and tip sheets, on the other hand, identify core questions or issues facing many writers and offers suggestions or solutions to pave an author’s path toward publication and success.
Outskirts Press offers just such a Publishing Kit to new clients for free at the following link: https://outskirtspress.com/book-publishing.html#ebooks
Watch the video about the Publishing Kit below:
Your complimentary Publishing Kit contains:
- 7 Tips to Self-Publish Like a Pro
- The most recent book by Outskirts Press President Brent Sampson: Self-Publishing Questions Asked & Answered
- Our definitive publishing guide: Publish Your Passion
- Book shepherd one-sheet: Meet Your Publishing Consultant
- Author success white paper: 7 Highly Effective Rules for the Perfect Book Title
- Author guide: Author Photo & Biography Guide
- Author tip sheet: The Top 7 Marketing Elements to Include in Your Book
- Author guide: Which Book Format Should I Choose?
- Author white paper: How to Price Your Book
- Publishing white paper: Diving into Self-Publishing
- About Outskirts Press: Publishing brochure
- One stop shop: Custom illustration samples in color and black & white