For twelve Outskirts Press authors, this is proving to be a very exciting time of year — the time when their books appear in the annual the New York Times Holiday Books Edition. Published each December, this edition of the NYT Book Review is a special edition co-op ad that places your book ad front and center before millions of readers. This special holiday ad represents a unique — and rare — opportunity to gain priceless visibility, just in time for the holiday book-buying boom.
The New York Times Holiday Books Edition is distributed to nearly 5 million people, and in the pages of that edition is the Outskirts Press co-op announcement (featured at the end of this blog post). Today we shine the holiday spotlight on author Thomas Dugan’s world history tome, An Atheist History of Religion.
Have you been told by employees of a textbook company that…
- our planet celebrated its 6,000th birthday in October of 1994?
- the Crusades were Holy Wars caused by religious disagreement?
- European settlers in America believed they were fulfilling an order from God to populate the land from sea to shining sea?
- Allah has a habit of turning Jews into pigs and apes?
- Transcendental Meditation allows people to leave behind their earthly bodies so they can live in another form in another place?
- God is an author who wrote three different books and handed them out to three different cultures?
- the Emperor Constantine had a dream of a flaming cross in the sky?
- Muhammad received bare-handed open-heart surgery from two strangers in the desert carrying a golden basin of snow?
- Menachem Schneerson was the Messiah?
- calling yourself “spiritual but not religious” accomplishes much of anything?
- your religion is the real one?
If you believe any of these things, maybe you should get the story from someone who isn’t afraid of getting fired.
Format: 6 x 9 paperback cream, 200 pages
Publisher: Outskirts Press (Jul 29, 2014)
Genre: HISTORY / World
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Tom Dugan is from New Jersey, though he has spent the last few years traveling. He has a BA in Creative Writing from Carnegie-Mellon University. He is one of the very few people in the world who have been to all three of Charles Darwin’s homes. An Atheist History of Religion is his first book. He intends to continue writing books demonstrating that evidence of evolution is all around us.
Take a peek at the New York Times Holiday Books Edition co-op ad that puts this book in front of nearly 5 million readers.
All of the New York Times Holiday Books Edition, and other Outskirts Press titles, are available from all major online retailers like Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Powells, Books A Million, and others, plus conveniently from the Outskirts Press bookstore at http://outskirtspress.com/bookstore for discounts ranging from 10% – 55%.