Have you been touched by depression, an anxiety disorder, or attention-deficit disorder? If you’re like most people, the answer is “yes.” Studies show these and other psychiatric conditions afflict one in three of us—and that doesn’t count family and friends who are also affected.
This scholarly yet accessible book is designed for any adult seeking to recognize and treat everything from depression to specific issues faced by children and seniors.
- The features, health risks, and today’s treatment options for mood disorders such as depression and bipolar disorder.
- Why many disorders are often misdiagnosed and incorrectly treated—and how you can make sure that doesn’t happen to you or your loved one.
- Depression and chronic illness: how to avoid falling into the depression trap after a diagnosis.
- Why people get depressed during the holidays—and how to cope.
- The truth about ADD and ADHD—and the latest on treatment options.
- Much, much more!
Full of practical information backed up by decades of experience, Dr. Mignone’s PSYCH CONSULTS is a must-read for anyone who wants to learn more about mental health.
THE PRACTICAL, ACCESSIBLE HANDBOOK FOR UNDERSTANDING—AND TREATING—COMMON PSYCHIATRIC PROBLEMS
One thought on “Best Book of the Year – Finalist #2”