The Next Generation Indie Book Awards submission service for self-publishing authors is open for any English-language book with a copyright date of 2010.
When ordering this submission service through your Publishing Center, we will handle all the details, including form completion, applicable entry fee, all requisite copies of your book, etc. We will also choose the most applicable category for entry from the following categories:
- African American
- Chick Lit
- Children’s/Juvenile Fiction
- Children’s/Juvenile Non-Fiction
- Children’s Picture Book
- Coffee Table Book/Photography
- Cookbook and Home/Garden
- Current Events/Social Change
- First Novel (under 80,000 words)
- First Novel (over 80,000 words)
- GLBT (Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual/Transgender)
- General Fiction/Novel (Under 80,000 Words)
- General Fiction/Novel (Over 80,000 Words)
- General Non-Fiction
- Historical Fiction
- Historical Non-Fiction
- How To
- Memoirs (Historical/Legacy/Career)
- Memoirs (Overcoming Adversity/Tragedy/Challenges)
- Memoirs (Other)
- Multicultural Fiction
- Multicultural Non-Fiction
- New Age
- Regional Fiction
- Regional Non-Fiction
- Religious Non-Fiction
- Religious Fiction
- Science Fiction/Fantasy
- Self Help
- Short Story – Fiction
- Travel/Travel Guide
- Women’s Issues
- Young Adult
- Best Cover Design – Fiction
- Best Cover Design – Non-Fiction
- Best Overall Design
Hurry! The deadline for order is February 18, 2011. Remember, your book must have a 2010 copyright date and be written in English to be eligible.
Awards given to the Finalists and Winners of the 2011 Next Generation Indie Book Awards are:
- $1,500 Cash Prize and trophy awarded to the best Fiction Book
- $1,500 Cash Prize and trophy awarded to the best Non-Fiction Book
- $750 Cash Prize and trophy awarded to the second best Fiction Book
- $750 Cash Prize and trophy awarded to the second best Non-Fiction Book
- $500 Cash Prize and trophy awarded to the third best Fiction Book
- $500 Cash Prize and trophy awarded to the third best Non-Fiction Book
- $250 Cash Prize and trophy awarded to the Best Design Book entry
- $100 Cash Prize and a Gold Medal awarded to the winner of each of the 60 categories
- Finalist Medals will be awarded to up to three finalists in each of the 60 categories
Finalists and Winners will also receive:
- A listing in the 2011 Next Generation Indie Book Awards Catalog which will be distributed to book buyers, media, and others!
- Exposure for a full year as a Winner or Finalist at www.IndieBookAwards.com. View a list of 2010 Winners and Finalists.
- The opportunity to display Finalist or Winner gold award stickers on your book.
- An invitation to attend the gala awards ceremony at the world famous Plaza Hotel in New York City.
- Other benefits of an award-winning book (such as potential increased revenue).
PLUS, the top 60 books will be reviewed by New York literary agent Marilyn Allen of Allen O’Shea Literary Agency or one of Ms. Allen’s co-agents for possible representation in areas such as distribution, foreign rights, film rights, and other rights (unless an entrant prefers not to have the book forwarded to an agent). Ms. Allen has over 25 years of sales and marketing experience, including serving as Senior Vice President, Associate Publisher, and Director of Marketing for Harper Collins and directing sales and marketing teams for Simon & Schuster, Penguin Books and Avon Books. Ms. Allen has had the pleasure of working with many best-selling authors including Stephen King, Ken Follett, Barbara Kingsolver, John Gray, Mary Higgins Clark, and many more.
All Finalists and Winners for the 2011 Indie Book Awards will be selected and notified by the end of May.
Ready to publish your own award-winning book?
Click here for free publishing guides to help you get started.