If you’ve spent much time on the Outskirts Press website or any of our social media accounts recently, you’re probably already aware that our 6th Annual “Show Us Your Love” video contest is open for entries. What you may not remember is that all-important end date, the last day you can submit your videos for inclusion: Friday, February 17th—tomorrow–at midnight MST, no less!
To make things a little easier to access and remember, we’ve put together a short video detailing all of the things you need to know about the “Show Us Your Love” submission process. Take a look!
The contest moves into its second stage, the voting stage, on Monday, February 20th. The deadlines loom close, there’s no mistaking that, but you still have time, and we’d love for you to submit your video–even if it’s just under the wire! We’ve posted about the rules at length in previous blog posts here on Self-Publishing News as well as on our Facebook page, but the basics are as follows:
- FILM: a video between 1 and 3 minutes long which demonstrates—creatively—your deep and abiding love for your book, your publishing experience, and Outskirts Press.
- EMAIL: your video file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We at Outskirts Press will SHARE your video on our Facebook page, YouTube channel, Twitter feed, and Google+ page, increasing exposure for you and your book (Please Note: By submitting a video for this contest, authors grant Outskirts Press permission to post videos to our YouTube channel, on our website and other social media platforms for promotional purposes).
- VOTE: by reaching out to friends and family! The three finalists receiving the most “likes” on our Facebook page from among all the posted entries will be selected for a public vote on our blog to determine the winner.
- WIN: a splendid new laptop computer (see last week’s post for full specs) when we announce the most-”liked” submission to our blog on Wednesday, March 1, 2017!
As they always say, “Better late than never!” We hope you’ll take a moment out of your day to enter, and to help us share your work with the world in yet another innovative way!
|Submit Your Video|
|Publish Your Story|