Speaking of Facebook publishing, here is a summary and update on our Facebook anthology, Fandemonium…
1. In January, we invited members of our Facebook community to submit short works (poems, short stories, excerpts, etc.) to our Facebook Wall. Over a 100 members shared their creativity with us for a chance to be published for free in a Facebook anthology.
2. Next, we invited members of our social community on Facebook and this blog to vote on a title for the anthology. The majority of the votes (33%) voted to name the book Fandemonium: Selected Short Stories & Poems From Talented Facebook Writers
3. Next, our social community of writers and published authors voted for the charitable organization which would receive royalties from the sale of Fandemonium once it was published. The vast majority (45%) chose The American Red Cross.
4. With the title and charity in place, it was time to design a cover. We provided a number of different concepts, and received some valuable feedback and suggestions from our community, and then presented two final concepts for our Facebook fans to vote on. 60% voted for this one:
5. The pre-production process of Fandemonium has truly been a collaborative effort, showcasing all the flexibility and control all authors receive when they publish with Outskirts Press. Our social community even got to vote on the pricing model by determining the retail price, profit, and discount for the book. Over half voted for a retail price of $16.95 and a profit of $7.38 every time a paperback copy sells.
6. With the details set, Outskirts Press went to work producing the book according to the Facebook community’s wishes. This is the time when our authors can sit back and relax and let us do what we do best. Soon, the galley review process started. This is the online digital proofing process where the files are presented to the author for review and either approval or requested changes. During this review process, we submitted a number of minor corrections we wanted the interior formatter to make to the interior file through the easy, fast, hand’s on submission form.
7. Final corrections and quality check (we call this process “premedia”) is taking place now. We expect copies of Fandemonium to be available worldwide on sites like Amazon and Barnes & Noble before the end of this month. We’ll keep everyone posted.
8. When you’re ready to publish your book, check out all the high-quality writing, publishing, and marketing services available at Outskirts Press by clicking here. Tell us which options and services you like by clicking on the “Facebook Like” buttons under every service listing.