Every fall, Outskirts Press helps its authors facilitate the submission of their published books to renown book award contests like the Benjamin Franklin Awards, ForeWord’s Book of the Year Awards, and Reader Views Literary Awards.
Now, Outskirts Press introduces the Spring Awards Season, and a whole new crop of legitimate and vetted book awards that Outskirts Press can help you enter. The contests in our Spring Season are the Indie Book Awards, the USA Book News Awards, and the Writer’s Digest International Self-Published Book Awards.
Keep an eye on this blog throughout the week for details about each specific award, including deadlines for entry, eligibility requirements, cash/prizes, and more.
The Next Generation Indie Book Awards submission service through Outskirts Press is open for any English-language book with a copyright date of 2008.
When ordering this submission service through your author’s center, we will handle all the details, including form completion, applicable entry fee, all requisite copies of your book, and more, etc. We will choose the most applicable category for entry from among the 70 choices available (listed at the bottom of this posting).
Order this award submission service conveniently from your Outskirts Press author’s center by choosing the Indie Book Awards Full Submission Service from your Marketing Options screen.
Hurry! The deadline for order is February 15. Remember, your book must have a 2008 copyright and be in English to be eligible.
Awards given to the Finalists and Winners of the 2009 Next Generation Indie Book Awards are:
- $1,000 Cash Prize and trophy awarded to the best Fiction Book
- $1,000 Cash Prize and trophy awarded to the best Non-Fiction Book
- $500 Cash Prize and trophy awarded to the second best Fiction Book
- $500 Cash Prize and trophy awarded to the second best Non-Fiction Book
- $250 Cash Prize and trophy awarded to the third best Fiction Book
- $250 Cash Prize and trophy awarded to the third best Non-Fiction Book
- $250 Cash Prize and trophy awarded (NEW THIS YEAR) to the Best Cover Design Book entry
- A Gold Medal awarded to the winner of each of the 70 categories
- Finalist Certificates will be awarded to up to 10 finalists in each of the 70 categories
Finalists and Winners will also receive:
- A listing in the 2009 Next Generation Indie Book Awards Catalog which will be distributed to book buyers, media, and others!
- Extra exposure for your book on websites and blogs.
- The opportunity to display Finalist or Winner stickers on your book.
PLUS, the top 70 books will be reviewed by New York literary agent Marilyn Allen of Allen O’Shea Literary Agency or one of Ms. Allen’s co-agents for possible representation in areas such as distribution, foreign rights, film rights, and other rights (unless an entrant prefers not to have the book forwarded to an agent). Ms. Allen has over 25 years of sales and marketing experience, including serving as Senior Vice President, Associate Publisher, and Director of Marketing for Harper Collins and directing sales and marketing teams for Simon & Schuster, Penguin Books and Avon Books. Ms. Allen has had the pleasure of working with many best-selling authors including Stephen King, Ken Follett, Barbara Kingsolver, John Gray, Mary Higgins Clark, and many more.
All Finalists and Winners for the 2009 Indie Book Awards will be selected and notified in May.
Not yet a published author, experiencing the convenience and support of book awards submissions? Click here to start publishing with Outskirts Press today.
Categories for the 2009 Indie Book Awards
- Audio Book
- Children’s/Juvenile Fiction
- Children’s/Juvenile Non-Fiction
- Children’s Picture Book
- Coffee Table Book
- Current Events/Political
- Entertainment/Pop Culture
- First Novel
- GLBT (Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual/Transgender)
- General Fiction/Novel
- Gift Books/Specialty
- Historical Fiction
- History/Historical Non-Fiction
- How To
- Multicultural Fiction
- Multicultural Non-Fiction
- New Age Fiction
- New Age Non-Fiction
- Regional Fiction
- Regional Non-Fiction
- Religion/Religious Non-Fiction
- Religious Fiction
- Science Fiction
- Self Help
- Short Story – Fiction
- Social Change
- Travel/Travel Guide
- Women’s Issues
- Writing and Publishing
- Young Adult Fiction
- Young Adult Non-Fiction
- Best Cover Design – Fiction
- Best Cover Design – Non-Fiction
- Best Overall Design – Fiction
- Best Overall Design – Non-Fiction
- E-book – Fiction
- E-book – Non-Fiction