The sixth annual Indie Author Day will be held on November 12 and 13, 2021. On these days, libraries around the world welcome local indie authors in for a day of education, networking, mingling, writing, open mics, panels, and more.
Over the years, this event featured hundreds of libraries, big and small, across North America, with thousands of local writers invited to join their communities for a day of celebration and inspiration devoted to indie authors.
Indie Author Day gives writers a chance to connect, network, and share experiences and advice with fellow local authors. It’s also a great opportunity to promote locally-written books to library patrons in the community. After the event, libraries can continue to find new ways to support and serve indie authors through upcoming webinars and events offered throughout the year.
Some of the activities that will take place on Indie Author Day include:
- On-demand video workshops
- Author panels featuring traditional, hybrid and self-published authors from the community
- Presentations from local indie authors about writing, marketing and more
- Book readings and / or signings from local authors
- Presentations from local industry leaders
- Writing workshops
- Presentations and workshops to inform the writing community about tools available for them to use through the library
- Author readings and open mics, featuring short segments of each author’s work
To participate in this year’s Indie Author Day and learn more about the event, visit http://indieauthorday.com.