National Read a Book Day is an annual awareness day celebrated on September 6th in the United States. It is a day to encourage people of all ages to read for pleasure, regardless of their reading level or genre preferences.
Read a Book Day was founded in 2012 by the National Book Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting reading and literacy. The foundation chose September 6th as the date for Read a Book Day because it is the anniversary of the first public library in the United States, which was founded in 1833.
There are many ways to celebrate Read a Book Day. Some people simply set aside some time to read their favorite book. Others organize book clubs, read-alouds, or other events to encourage others to read. Libraries, schools, and other organizations often host special events on Read a Book Day.
Here are some of the benefits of reading:
- Reading improves cognitive function, including memory, attention, and problem-solving skills.
- Reading can help people develop empathy and understanding of others.
- Reading can expose people to new ideas and cultures.
- Reading can be a fun and relaxing way to spend time.
Read a Book Day is a reminder of the importance of reading for pleasure. It is a day to celebrate the power of books to entertain, educate, and inspire us.
How to celebrate Read a Book Day:
- Set aside some time to read your favorite book.
- Visit your local library or bookstore and check out a new book.
- Start a book club or read-aloud group with friends or family.
- Host a book giveaway or raffle.
- Donate books to a local charity or school.
- Share your love of reading on social media.
No matter how you choose to celebrate, Read a Book Day is a great opportunity to experience the joy of reading.
Ready to begin YOUR self-publishing journey? Know that you don’t have to go it alone. Outskirts Press is there for you every step of the way, with real people eager to lend a hand. Connect with Outskirts Press today in whatever manner is easiest for you:
- Call 1-888-672-6657
- Live chat at OutskirtsPress.com
- Schedule a FREE consultation with a Publishing Consultant
Or click that button above to order the best publishing package for you today!