So, you’ve written your manuscript. The Outskirts Press team has helped you create a professional book. You’re sitting in your living room, book in hand, and one thought crosses your mind.
You’re not alone. Most authors go through that moment of uncertainty, wondering what they need to do next. And we can sum that up for you in one word.
That’s right. It doesn’t matter which publishing avenue you decide – whether it’s self-publishing or traditional – every author is in many ways in charge of his or her own publicity. And figuring out how to go about it can be an overwhelming task.
But don’t panic. Outskirts Press is here to support you long after your book has gone to press because you’re not just an author to us…you’re part of our publishing family. And we celebrate your success.
That’s why we’re excited to announce that we’ve created comprehensive marketing assistance for our One-Click, Ultimate, and Full-Color authors. This Book Launch Kit is included with your package and offers guidance on publicizing your book and getting it into the hands of your future customers. Here’s what it includes:
- An official gold-sealed Certificate of Publication, recognizing and acknowledging your accomplishment.
- The 7 Tactics of Successfully Published Authors, which outlines 7 major marketing considerations
- A congratulatory letter outlining your next steps and how to take full advantage of all the free marketing assistance in your Publishing Center (like access to the new Book Marketing Bookshelf).
- An example of a custom bookmark, which details how you can create your own branded marketing materials.
- Details about the Personal Marketing Assistance available at Outskirts Press.
- The 28 Day Book Launch Calendar. (The first month of publication can be the most important, and sets the stage for long-term book marketing success, so we tell you exactly what to do every day for the first 4 weeks.)
- The Book Marketing RoadMap – an infographic to hang up on the wall of your office as you check-off important marketing milestones like identifying your audience, creating a marketing plan, hosting a book. launch party, acquiring book reviews, attending author events, and so much more.
As you move forward through your next steps, always remember that you’re not alone. Our team is here to help you. We celebrate when you win awards. We cheer for you as you earn 100% of your royalties. We love it when our authors keep in touch and tell us all of the great things that have happened since their book has been published.
And many of these things are made possible by the tools above – things that other publishers charge hundreds of dollars for – that we’re giving you with the amazing package you’ve already purchased.