Decisions, decisions … Sometimes we don’t relish making them, and other times (like now) we just enjoy bouncing ideas around. That’s why Outskirts Press is asking you for help making a very important decision: What new self-publishing book marketing option should we launch next?
In the past, your input has guided us to introduce things like our Amazon Featured Book-of-the-Week and iPad/iPhone Premium Edition. Once again, we need your feedback to determine what new product or service we might offer this year that is most valuable to you in your book marketing efforts.
Below are five options we have been asked by authors to add to our repertoire of book marketing services. Since every option Outskirts Press releases takes a great deal of time and resources to develop, test and administer, it would be difficult to launch them all at once. So tell us — which of these options do you think we should launch first? Read through them and submit your vote in the poll below.
- RTIR (Radio-TV-Interview Report) Ad Placement: Let Outskirts Press help you advance your book marketing efforts by getting your name in front of valuable media movers and shakers. RTIR is a subscription trade publication that goes to more than 4,000 radio and television producers across the United States and Canada three times each month. Each issue lists 100-150 authors and other spokespeople who are available for live and in-studio interviews. Your ad in RTIR will include a contact person and phone number interested radio/TV producers can use to arrange interviews. That kind of publicity can generate great interest in your book!
- Publishers Weekly Select: How would you like to have your book cover and synopsis appear in front of thousands of book-sellers, librarians, agents, publishers, film producers and production companies? With your inclusion in Publishers Weekly Select, this is exactly what will happen! Your book will be seen in Publishers Weekly’s print and digital edition, as well as the home page of PublishersWeekly.com and BookLife.com. This is a great way to stand out in a crowded market!
- US Review of Books: Receive a guaranteed review and get your book in front of 13,000+ professional book reviewers. Inclusion in the US Review of Books provides inexpensive access to professional book reviewers willing to give consideration to good books that might otherwise get overlooked. These thoughtful reviews provide you with a valuable tool in the subsequent marketing of your book
- Pinterest Board Creation: Pinterest has emerged as one of the most influential social media sites for authors. Authors can use Pins to reach out to their readers, to inspire and entertain, while growing their author brand. Outskirts Press will help build your social media presence by setting up/enhancing your existing Pinterest profile, then creating a Pinterest board that features your book cover and synopsis. We will optimize your board through the use of keywords in your profile, board titles and pin descriptions that will help drive traffic to your board.
- Goodreads Marketing Campaign: With more than 40 million members, Goodreads is the world’s largest community of readers, and at Outskirts Press, we want to help you connect with those readers. We will help you to claim your author profile on Goodreads and set up a book giveaway to generate awareness and reviews for your book. We will also create an ad on Goodreads that will be seen by readers searching for new books. Custom stats will be available so you can see how many views, clicks, and the number of Goodreads members who add your book. A comprehensive approach to reach Goodreads affluent and educated audience of book readers
It’s up to you now.
This poll closes on June 19, so give us your input before then!
Need help marketing that book?