As you begin thinking about your New Year’s Resolutions for 2013, don’t forget about your book marketing efforts. If you want to increase your book sales this year, we have some tips to help you keep those book marketing resolutions.
5 Tips for Keeping Your New Year’s Book Marketing Resolutions
- Set specific, realistic goals. For example, if you want to earn more royalties this year, rather than resolving to “sell more books,” aim to quantify the “more.” Set a numerical goal for the number of books you want to sell each month.
- Be faithful. Be sure to schedule a specific time to work on marketing your book each day – and stick to it. Even if you commit to one hour a day for the entire year – that’s 365 hours! You are certain to see a return on your time investment.
- Share your goals with others. Find an accountability partner. Team up with someone who also takes interest in your success. They will hold you accountable for reaching your goals and having someone to “answer to” can help you stay on track.
- Break down resolutions into digestible parts. If your goal is to earn more royalties this year (notice the theme?), think about what mini-goals you must meet to achieve the larger goal. If you can break down your resolution into monthly sales goals, you will be less likely to fall victim to overwhelm.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help when you need it. Being able to achieve great success for your book is an amazing feat. It does take a lot of work and constant research, trial, and error to come up with what works. If you spend all of your time “reinventing the wheel,” your resolutions could fall by the wayside. A Personal Marketing Assistant can help you either fill in the gaps or take the reigns on building an effective marketing strategy that works for you.
The most important thing to keep in mind is that marketing is an ongoing process. If you want to continue selling more copies of your book, you must continue to market it. Start the new year off right with book marketing resolutions to keep you focused on selling your book all year long.
P.S. – Are you a children’s book author? Now is the time to start thinking about your participation in the Bologna Book Fair – the largest children’s book fair in the world!