The holidays are an exciting time for self-publishing authors. Customers are looking for books to add to their shopping lists, and there is a lot of money being spent all around.
- Run an ad in a publication that book readers subscribe to. To help subsidize the cost, you may consider advertising with other authors.
- Go on tour. Face-to-face tours are great, but if you can’t afford the expense of (or don’t have the time for) a national book tour, a virtual book tour works just as well.
- Think outside the box. Earlier this year, I discussed using Groupon or other local deal sites to sell more copies of your book. This is a great way to partner with local bookstores and there is no upfront cost to you. This can mean more foot traffic for the store and more book sales for you.
- Get in touch with non-profit organizations (or start your own) to benefit families that are in need this holiday season.
- Make sure you have plenty of promotional materials to distribute at holiday events and send out to friends and family. Greeting cards, postcards, and business cards are the most popular among authors. These are inexpensive ways to promote your book to the people you already know.
What other ways can self-publishing authors capitalize on the holiday season? Let us know in the comments below.
Are you ready to publish your book for the holiday season?