Our Facebook Fans Can Get Published For Free. Here’s How…
Happy New Year! The holidays may be over but the celebration continues at Outskirts Press this month. Our valued Facebook Fans have the opportunity to get published for free in our first Facebook Anthology.
More good news: The royalties from the book will go to a charity of your choosing! Free publication AND philanthropy? Yes! And here’s how you can participate:
Step 1: First, you have to be a Facebook Fan of Outskirts Press, which means you need to have your own Facebook Account, and you need to “Like” our Facebook Page at http://facebook.com/OutskirtsPress .
Step 2: We will be accepting submissions to the Facebook Anthology that are posted on our Wall. Status posts to our wall are limited to 420 characters, so here are two options.
a) You can post a status update to our wall by clicking on the “Status” link. Name your status post “My Facebook anthology submission” (or something like that) and then you can post a “Comment” to your own status that is up to 8,000 characters in length, so you would submit your content in the “comments” to your own Status update. If your material is longer than 8000 characters, submit multiple, numbered comments.
b) Or you can post a link to your submission if your submission exists on another site or blog elsewhere. In this case, the 8000 character limitation no longer applies.
Submissions should be posted on our wall by January 9, 2011 to be considered.
Step 3: Then, share your posting onto your own Facebook Wall so your friends and family can participate in your publishing endeavor with Outskirts Press. Encourage them to “Like” your submission, since the number of “Likes” each submission receives will help us determine the ones to include in the Anthology.
Step 4: Read other submissions throughout the month and “Like” the ones you are fond of. Comment on those you particularly enjoyed; the author will appreciate the positive feedback. You may have to click on “Outskirts Press + others” near the top to see everyone’s submissions and participation.
Our Facebook Page is a place of positive reinforcement for the craft of writing and the business of publication. We encourage (and periodically reward) active participation. Our Twitter account will keep you updated throughout the process, so follow us conveniently. If all this “social networking” stuff is new to you, here is a perfect opportunity to become more familiar with it.
Whether or not you have published with Outskirts Press in the past, this also presents a wonderful opportunity to publish some of your work for free while you experience the ease and joy of working with Outskirts Press. Better still, you get to give back to a worthwhile charity — all at the same time (more details about that later this week). We hope all our Facebook Fans will want to join in on the ride.
Of course, if you have a complete manuscript to publish, we do that, too. Just click here to review our offerings.
Yes, you retain all the rights to your work. Here’s the “fine print” for those who are curious about such details: By submitting your work for inclusion in the anthology, you agree to the following:
1. AUTHOR RETAINS 100% OF THE RIGHTS AND COPYRIGHT LICENSES to the submitted content and all other material submitted to Outskirts Press, Inc for the purposes of the Facebook Anthology.
2. AUTHOR RETAINS ALL RIGHTS to distribute and sell the submitted content in other print and digital formats at any time.
3. By submitting the content to the Outskirts Press wall, Author grants Outskirts Press, and ONLY OUTSKIRTS PRESS, a NON-EXCLUSIVE, worldwide license to distribute and sell the content within an anthology in print and/or digital form; author grants Outskirts Press the non-exclusive right to exhibit the anthology in part on websites or promotional materials owned by Outskirts Press; author grants Outskirts Press the non-exclusive right to store and transmit digital versions of the anthology to facilitate production, distribution, and sale of manuscript.
4. Outskirts Press will produce a book version that may or may not included the submitted materials from Author. Submitting material to the Facebook Wall does not guarantee publication in the Anthology. If the content is chosen for inclusion, Author grants Outskirts Press the non-exclusive right to exhibit, print, and distribute any and all related materials submitted in conjunction with the content, which includes, but is not limited to, cover art, interior and exterior images and concepts, author’s photograph, summaries, quotes, testimonials, and author’s biography.
5. Editing, production, pricing, and royalties of the anthology in both print and digital formats will be at the complete discretion of Outskirts Press. For at least two years after publication, royalties from sales of the anthology will be distributed to a charity determined by a public vote.
6. Author represents and warrants that Author is the sole owner of the submitted content and all material submitted in conjunction with content, including all images, and photographs, including those of the.
7. Author represents and warrants that Author is over the age of 18 and has full power and authority to participate in this Anthology as described; or Author’s legal guardian is over the age of 18 and is assuming all liability for the responsibilities set forth herein. Author represents and warrants that the submission of the content and all other material does not conflict with or violate any arrangement, understanding, or agreement between the Author and any other persons or entities. Furthermore, Author represents and warrants that the manuscript and all material submitted in conjunction with the content is entirely original, free of liens, claims, or interests of any kind; is not slanderous, pornographic, obscene, libelous, or defamatory; and does not violate or infringe upon any personal or proprietary rights, including without limitation copyrights, trademarks, privacy rights, or publicity rights of other persons or entities.