Happy National Reading Group Month! Connecting with reading groups or book clubs is a great way to earn lots of readers at once. These are captivated audiences who are invested in enjoying and understanding your book. And swept up in the excitement of a stimulating discussion, they may be likely to text, email, or post about your book before they’ve even gotten back in their car to return home!
So, become a best friend to book clubs. Here are 3 practical ideas to consider:
- Write a reading club guide. Include questions—about your characters, theme, voice, message, etc.—in the back of your book and/or on your website for free download.
- Set up a reading group book tour. Thanks to video calling, you can tour book clubs worldwide from the comfort of your own home. Just as you would in a bookstore tour, you might read a selection from your book or answer reader questions.
- Offer bulk order discounts to book clubs. Consider other incentives for readers who come together in small and large groups to discuss your book.
Log into your Publishing Center for additional marketing tips. Or, if you haven’t published yet, connect with us in whatever way is most convenient:
- Call 1-888-672-6657
- Live Chat at OutskirtsPress.com
- Schedule a FREE consultation