Today is National Book Lover’s Day — now that’s a holiday we can get into. Imagine, a day dedicated solely to people who satisfy their immense curiosity through books!
As a self-publishing author, you’re a driving force behind national days such as this. So, how should you mark the occasion? Here are three ways to celebrate the day with your readers:
- Give the Gift of Reading: There’s still plenty of time today to host a book giveaway on social media. Give bookworms in your network of friends a chance to win an autographed hardcopy. Consider giving copies to the first five friends who share or retweet your contest post, or a gift basket with your book, a mug, hot cocoa and other knick-knacks to the person who tags the most friends in the comments section. Oh, and remember to use hashtags such as #NationalBookLoversDay in all related posts.
- Feed the Reading Bug: Encourage reading through philanthropy. Donate copies of your book to local libraries in honor of the occasion. Other great places to donate include nursing homes, veteran’s organizations, hospitals and shelters.
- Stick Your Nose in a Book: Relaxing with a juicy read is always an option, too! Besides, the best writers are those who are also avid readers. Tuck into a steamy novel or fast-paced mystery. Consider it “personal development.”
Interested in learning more about self-publishing with Outskirts Press? Get in touch with a Publishing Consultant today! There are three convenient ways to connect:
- Call us at 1-888-672-6657 (OP-BOOKS)
- Live-chat with us via our website
- Go online to schedule an appointment