|This time every year, we find ourselves counting our many blessings. The self-publishing industry is experiencing many exciting changes, and we at Outskirts Press never forget how fortunate we are to be at the leading edge of those changes.
Our authors are an important part of leading that change. As you go about the frenzied business of readying for the holiday festivities, take a moment or two to give thanks. Take a breath and think about the many blessings that come with striking out on your own as a self-publishing author today:
- Research is easy in this Google-centric age. Remember when the simple task of double-checking facts involved multiple trips to the city library? Worse, if the library didn’t have the reference you needed, you might be on the hook for your own research materials. What did we ever do before Google? While it’s true you can’t believe everything you read on the Internet, you can rely on reputable websites for simple date- and fact-checking – in seconds, rather than hours. That time savings gives you so much more freedom to create.
- Feedback and empathy is never more than a mouse-click away. When you need feedback from another writer or a trusted friend – or just need to blow off steam for a few minutes before cranking out your next chapter – professional and personal networks are always right at your fingertips via telephone, text, email, Facebook, Twitter and other social networks. When calling an in-person meeting of the minds isn’t practical, an instantaneous virtual chat is the next best thing.
- Self-publishing is gaining steam and respect. Once regarded as the proverbial “red-headed stepchild” of the traditional publishing houses, self-publishing is quickly becoming the preferred publishing method for many authors – even ones who once published via traditional means. (Read veteran author Frank Schaeffer’s account of his decision to dump his publisher for Outskirts Press here.)
- You enjoy more creative/publicity opportunities than ever before. From NaNoWriMo in November to the scads of writing contests that open up at various other times of year, there’s no shortage of opportunities to display and promote your talent. And, thanks to the convenience of electronic submission, it’s easier than ever to get involved in multiple competitions and awards opportunities, or to promote your book to media outlets.
- There are more business freedoms than ever before. There was a time when traditional publishing was the only game in town. Writers desperate to publish were at the mercy of publishers who determined for them when and how their book would be released, what changes it would undergo and what deadlines they needed to meet, as well as how much of the proceeds they would be paid. As a self-publishing author, you chart your own course – and you keep your own profits!
- You have a “romantic” pastime or career most others only dream about. You create colorful people, lives and worlds of your own for the pleasure of others – and you do it in your pajamas in the comfort of home, or at a booth in the corner coffee shop (fully dressed, in that case!). Most people only wish they could do what you do. Your talent and your passion is a badge of honor.
These are indeed exciting times in which we live (and publish) – and for that, we are most grateful!
Are you ready to jump-start your marketing efforts with a FREE Amazon Extreme marketing package? Start today with the promotion code below.
The Amazon Extreme marketing package from Outskirts Press offers self-publishing authors a headstart on book marketing by taking triple advantage of the immense audience of Amazon, the largest online retailer in the United States. This package includes: An Amazon Kindle edition of your book, Amazon’s Search Inside the Book feature and the Amazon Cover Enhancement. These valuable, popular options are free for authors who start publishing in November.
Start today with the valid promotion code when you choose to publish with our industry-leading Diamond publishing service or our full-color Pearl publishing service to receive the FREE Amazon Extreme Marketing Package. Enter the promotion code FreeAENov13 when checking out of your shopping cart by November 30, 2013.
In addition to receiving the Free Amazon Extreme package, you’ll also receive the following with your Diamond package:
- Standard Press Release. $99 value included free when you order your Diamond publishing service today.
- Audio Excerpt. $99 value included free with your Diamond order today and a great way to share your voice with your readers, literally!
- E-Book Edition (pdf). $99 value included free with your Diamond publishing service.
- Cover Image. $99 value included free and a great way to enhance your cover.
- Spring Arbor additional distribution. $99 value to complement the Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Ingram availability already included with your Diamond publishing service.
All in all, you’re looking at over $800 of free stuff in November!
|“I have used Outskirts Press for both books I have published. I plan to use Outskirts Press for the sequel when it is ready. I will use them for all subsequent books I will publish. I have found their services to be excellent and very professional. They deliver what they promise, are easy to work with, and their publishing prices are very reasonable. On a scale of one to ten, with ten being the best, I would rate Outskirts Press as ONE HUNDRED. They are that good! They are the best in the business and getting better each year.”
-Chris Mosquera, author of
Damian Garcia: PHD Drug Smuggler