The contest judges chose an average of six finalists in nearly 100 literary categories, from among a record number of entries. Twenty of Outskirts Press’ most talented authors (listed below) were selected as finalists in the competition. Winners will be announced on September 1, 2013.
Winners will receive:
- Award Winning Author Recognition — Each winner/finalist will be able to promote themselves and their book as an award-winning author and award-winning book.
- Medal Award Ceremony — Winners and finalists are invited to the Readers’ Favorite Medal Award Ceremony during the week of the Miami Book Fair International, the largest book fair in the nation
- Book Review and Mini-Critique — All entrants receive a complete book review which will be posted on the Readers’ Favorite site, Barnes & Noble, Google Books, Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and Pinterest.
- Display of your Book Cover, Summary and Award Image — Winners and finalists will also be featured on a new Award Contest Results page via a link in the “Our Award-Winning Books” box on every page of the Readers’ Favorite site.
- Professional, High Distribution Press Release — Both Readers’ Favorite and Outskirts Press announce the results of the competition through premium press releases and blog posts sent to a variety of media contacts and other authors.
Congratulations to all the Outskirts Press self-published authors in the running for the awards:
Barbara M. Sutryn
Translucent Facts: Cutting Boards & Roses Bob Moseley Out of Bounds Brad Anderson Guardians Darrel L. Hammon Christmas Beneath the Lake David A. Koop Cancer – It’s a Good Thing I Got It! Dusty Rhoades Heer The Forest That Rains Frogs E W Bosworth/Edward Lewis Jacaranda (Tails Before Bed) Edmund Kolbusz Blood Shinobi: Revenge to Redemption Evelyn Schwarz with Illustrations by Kitty Quinn The Hummingbird Garden F. Whitney Harrington Weeds Frederick Wulff Alexander McKee – The Great White Elk Gary R. Patterson Jump-Starting Real Job Creation in America Janet Cameron Houl Where Did the Sun Go? Jeff Bacot On the Hole Mike Fortunato Later Gator, In a While Crocodile P.J. Ingram-McPhee I Almost Gave Up Patrick Shannon Viva Laughter! Stephanie Courtney The Art of Planning Allergen-Free Events Victor Byrd The Bare Bones of the Buddha’s Teaching William Michael Seddon Sr. Before Terror Strikes
Do you have the next great American novel in the works? Let Outskirts Press show you how to get your masterpiece published — and noticed!