March 29, 2011. Denver, Colorado – In its 17th year, the 2011 EVVY Awards ceremony was held Saturday night by the Colorado Independent Publishers Association (CIPA) to recognize excellence in self-published and independently published books from Colorado publishers. Entries are judged by a panel of independent judges who are experts and professionals in their respective category fields.
Categories included autobiography/memoirs, biography/history, business/finance, fiction, how-to, inspirational, self-help, juvenile, legacy, non-fiction experiences, poetry, political/social, spirituality/religion, workbooks and travel. Each category can award a 1st, 2nd or 3rd place EVVY award, along with honorable mentions (Merit Awards).
For the sixth consecutive year, Outskirts Press led the way with the most award-winning books among participating publishers with two 1st place awards, one 2nd place award, one 3rd place Tech award, and five Merit Awards.
The 2011 EVVY Award-winners from Outskirts Press are:
- The Beads of Lapis Lazuli by Doris Kenney Marcotte – 1st Place, Fiction
- The Key to Job Success in any Career by Frank B. Leibold, Ph.D. – 1st Place, Self-Help
- The Rise and Fall of Captain Methane by Dorcey Alan Wingo – 2nd Place, Autobiography
- I Am Equus by Duaa Anwar - 3rd Place, Tech Award, Cover Design
- Art, Experience and Faith by William Squires – Merit, Spirituality
- One Wacky Wasp by Brent Sampson – Merit, Children’s
- Psych Consults by Robert J. Mignone, M.D., F.A.P.A. – Merit, Self-Help
- Queen Vernita Meets Sir Heathy Bean by Dawn Menge and Heath Rhoades – Merit, Children’s
- Whispers of Joy by Joy Andreasen – Merit, Spirituality
Outskirts Press EVVY Award winner Doris Kenney Marcotte says, “Thank you Colorado Independent Publishers Association and your judges for selecting my book, The Beads of Lapis Lazuli, to receive the 1st Place EVVY Award for Fiction. I feel very honored. A special thank you goes to the talented production staff at Outskirts Press for helping me turn my words and my vision into an award winning book. This has been a wonderful experience, one that I will never forget.”
For more information about Outskirts Press, where award-winning authors publish award-winning books, visit http://www.outskirtspress.com .
About Outskirts Press, Inc:
Outskirts Press offers high-quality, full-service self-publishing and book marketing services for writers and professionals who are seeking a cost-effective, fast, and flexible way to publish and distribute their books worldwide while retaining 100% of their rights, 100% of their profits, and 100% of the creative control. www.outskirtspress.com.
# # #
Outskirts Press, Inc., 10940 S. Parker Rd. – 515, Parker, Colorado 80134