We want you to want us. And we’d love you to love us! Now, what if you could love us AND win a free laptop computer with Windows 8.1? What’s not to love about that? Share the love and get a chance to win technology you’ll absolutely adore in our 4th Annual “Show Us Your Love” social media event and video contest. One talented author will be the lucky winner of a brand new HP 2000-2d80nr 15.6-Inch* laptop computer – perfect for getting inspired to write! Here’s how it works:
- Grab your video camera, smartphone or iPad and record your own artistic 1- to 3-minute video creatively demonstrating your deep and abiding love for your book – and your love for Outskirts Press.
- Email your video file to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Saturday, February 21, 2015.
- We’ll share your video on our Facebook Page, YouTube Channel and Twitter Feed, increasing exposure for you and your book (Authors who submit videos are giving Outskirts Press permission to post videos to our YouTube channel, on our website and other social media platforms for promotional purposes).
- The three finalists receiving the most “likes” on our Facebook page from among all the posted entries will be selected for a public vote on this blog to determine the winner from February 23-26.
- The winner of the free HP laptop computer with Windows 8.1 will be announced on Friday, February 27, 2015.
Get your splendored thing submitted right away: The sooner you submit your video, the more exposure you’ll receive. Have all your friends and family visit our Facebook page at facebook.com/outskirtspress to “like” your video, and don’t neglect to share it on your own social media channels, too!
*Computer Specs (approximate): HP – 2000-2d80nr 15.6″ Laptop Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 operating system preinstalled 4 GB DDR3L SDRAM 500GB hard drive (5400 rpm) Power – 65W AC adapter – 6-cell 47WHr 2.2 Ah lithium-ion battery Video Graphics – Intel© HD graphics 4000 with up to 1696MB total graphics memory Multimedia Drive – SuperMulti DVD burner Network Card – 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector) Wireless Option – 1×1 802.11b/g/n WLAN Digital Media – Multi-format digital media card reader for Secure Digital cards Weighs 5.4 lbs. and measures just 1.4″ thin Height: 1.4 inches Width: 14.8 inches Depth: 9.7 inches
That’s it! Happy recording, and good luck! Get a look at some of the creative displays of self-publishing love on our YouTube channel by clicking here.
Are you ready to self-publish?
|GET $300 IN FREE UPGRADES WHEN YOU START PUBLISHING!|
Mad Money is back! Receive $300 of “Mad Money” with the promotion code below when you choose to publish with our industry-leading Diamond publishing service or our full-color Pearl publishing service. You can apply your $300 of “Mad Money” toward any optional production or marketing option we offer during the pre-production process. And with many of our optional services beginning at just $99, you can get quite a few! Apply it to options such as a Custom Cover, Cover Scribing, Editing, a Kindle Format, or choose from many others. The only question is, how are you going to spend it? Enter the promotion code MADMONEYFEB15 and start publishing today!
|TOP 5 PUBLISHING HEADLINES|
- Top 10 best-selling books in self-publishing for December 2014
- Top 10 self-publishing book marketing tactics for December 2014
- Press Releases – not just for book releases
- Resolutions for 2015 that every published author should make
- Top 10 Amazon Kindle books from Outskirts Press authors
|AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT & SUCCESS STORY|
“I had the golden opportunity to meet with a number of authors who had used various self-publishing companies. One author’s work stood head-and-shoulders above the rest. That’s the author who had used the services of Outskirts Press. The quality of his book rivaled that of the biggest and best publishing houses in the country but for a fraction of the costs. Now that my book has received the dedicated services from Outskirts Press, I too am proud of the end results and the proof is in the interest and buzz it has generated.” Birmingham, Alabama native, Lawayne Orlando Childrey is a national Edward R. Murrow award winning journalist. He has also won numerous Mississippi Associated Press Broadcasters awards. In 2014 the Alabama Community College System named Childrey as one of its most outstanding alumnus in the institutions fifty year history. Every day millions of people lose sight of their dreams when life’s gut wrenching curve balls knock them off their feet and out of the game. With the grace of God, that was not the case for Lawayne Orlando Childrey, who has endured some of the most horrific trauma imaginable, including childhood sexual abuse, depression, a crack cocaine addiction and an HIV diagnosis. Childrey beat all the odds to become an award-winning and respected news journalist, a dream he has had since childhood. In this autobiography, Childrey demonstrates his ability to persevere during times of immense struggle by relying on the faith that was instilled in him as a child. - Lawayne Childrey, author of Peeling Back the Layers