Can’t you just hear those ladles jinglin’, and those whisks ring-ting-tinglin’ too? It’s that time of year when our utensils and kitchen appliances are in constant high gear, hot out of the oven, or worn to the nub with batch after batch of holiday goodness.
‘Tis the season of giving, so share that goodness with the world – for a good cause! Submit your recipes to Outskirts Press via Facebook for a chance to be included in the 2013 Holiday Recipe Book. Our entire social networking community will have a chance to vote this Tuesday on which charity will receive proceeds from the sale of the Recipe Book. Be sure to visit the Outskirts Press blog on Tuesday to place your vote!
Do you make a killer cookie that is to die for? Is your holiday punch the talk of the town? Now is not the time to keep these culinary secrets under wraps. Get the word out on Facebook for a chance to get that mouthwatering recipe published.
Submitting your recipes for consideration is simple. Here’s what to do:
- Become an Outskirts Press Facebook fan by “liking” our Facebook page. If you’ve already liked us, great!
- Post your recipe as a “Note” on Facebook. Then tag the Outskirts Press Facebook Page in your Note.
- Enlist your friends to vote for your submission by “liking” it.
Recipes with the highest number of votes will be considered for inclusion in our upcoming Holiday Recipe Book. Proceeds from the sale of the cookbook will be donated to the charity selected by our social community. Submissions can be anything — appetizers, entrees, desserts and more!
By submitting a recipe, you grant us a non-exclusive right to use the materials you submit
through our social media channels and within the Facebook community when it is published and distributed. Furthermore, you understand that royalties from the sale of the Holiday Recipe Book are not split among the contributors, but instead are donated to charity.
The 2013 Holiday Recipe Book will be published and ready for sale just in time for the holiday season. Let the giving begin!
Ready to publish your own cookbook?
|GET 3 TIMES MORE FREE AUTHOR COPIES!
Receive THREE TIMES the author’s copies for FREE when you start publishing today!
Right now, authors self-publishing with Outskirts Press are eligible to receive three times as many free author copies with their respective self-publishing package.
To receive the promotion, simply enter the promotion code SEPT3X13 when checking out of the shopping cart while purchasing the Diamond or Pearl publishing package. Each of the eligible publishing packages includes a unique ISBN, standard interior formatting, a variety of professional cover styles, and distribution which includes availability through major online retailers such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
For authors choosing the most popular “Diamond” publishing package, this promotion delivers 30 free paperback author copies when the book is published. Authors publishing full-color books with the popular “Pearl” package can receive 15 free paperback copies.
Enter the promotion code SEPT3X13 and start publishing today!
In addition to receiving 10% off, you’ll also receive the following with your Diamond package:
- Standard Press Release. $99 value included free when you order your Diamond publishing service today.
- Audio Excerpt. $99 value included free with your Diamond order today and a great way to share your voice with your readers, literally!
- E-Book Edition (pdf). $99 value included free with your Diamond publishing service.
- Cover Image. $99 value included free and a great way to enhance your cover.
- Spring Arbor additional distribution. $99 value to complement the Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Ingram availability already included with your Diamond publishing service.
All in all, you’re looking at over $500 of free stuff in September!
|TOP 5 PUBLISHING HEADLINES|
- Five ways to use free author copies
- Now accepting submissions for the first holiday recipe book from Outskirts Press
- Fall is bringing 3 times as many complimentary books all month long for authors self-publishing with Outskirts Press
- Benjamin Franklin awards for self-publishing authors
- Self-publishing help – 6 ways in which hiring a ghostwriter now can pay off later
|AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT & SUCCESS STORY|
“I would have to say that my overall experience with Outskirts Press was the best and most stress relief I’ve had ever experienced. I will definitely publish more books with you guys and also recommend you to other writers.“
Steve Pollard is a freelance writer who was born and raised in Southern Nevada. He is the third youngest of eleven siblings and enjoys the challenges of creativity. Normal is his first novel.
Dexter is a young boy who knows many things but understands very little. Faced with the burden of two mental disorders, his life is a challenge both at school and among his peers. Despite his mother’s unconditional love, there is nothing Dexter wants more than to be like everyone else. He just wants to be “normal.” And when he tries to achieve this goal, his decision will change his life and the lives of those around him…forever. Normal is the poignant story of a child dealing with the all-too-real effects of a dual diagnosis of Down syndrome and autism spectrum disorder.
- Steve Pollard, author of Normal