Creating a quality Electronic book requires many of the same things as a paperback or hardback: compelling cover art, reader-friendly formatting, and quality content. Not surprisingly, when it comes to marketing, ebooks and paperbacks also share many of the same tactics. When your book is available in multiple formats, you can often duplicate many of the same marketing tactics (just to different audiences) and get more bang for your buck!
To make the most of your marketing and sales efforts, approach each format on its own terms. Here are five ways for marketing your POD paperback (or hardback) and digital ebook edition(s) in an online world:
- Have a marketing plan. Book sales don’t “just happen” once you place your book on the market. Book marketing isn’t instinctive. Enlist the help of a book marketing expert to help you identify what strategies will suit you and your book best as you promote your publication for the greatest impact.
- Build an online presence. Set up professional social media accounts and blogs that are separate from your private accounts. These professional forums should focus on your writing – both your existing books and ongoing creative works. Contribute to these forums as often as possible (daily is best) and post on other writers’ blogs and social media forums as well (always including a subtle link back to your social media channels). This interaction builds relationships and sets you up as an authority whom readers will recognize and want to follow. If this sounds like a lot of work, don’t worry, we can help.
- Price appropriately. If you price a book too high, buyers will balk; price it too low and they’ll wonder what’s wrong with your book. You don’t want to undervalue your own work, naturally; however, you don’t want to price yourself out of the market, either. By finding the right balance – the right price – buyers will see that you’re confident in the quality of your product without overpricing it.
- Make it easy for people to buy. Readers don’t want to jump through hoops to buy books. One-click purchases and a variety of payment options encourage people to follow through in the buying process without backing out of it midway. Fortunately, online retailers such as Amazon and Apple make the buying process as easy as possible for POD paperbacks, hardbacks, and ebook versions alike.
- Dangle a “carrot” once in a while. A well-timed giveaway can do wonders for your book’s visibility. A limited-time-only free download leading up to Christmas could spur post-promo sales at the end of the year and beyond. If timed properly, you can get more out of those freebies than you give.
Many books require specific marketing plans to register the most success, so you may wish to work with an experienced book marketing advisor to help you tailor your marketing efforts to best suit your book and your goals for success. Reserve some time with your own Personal Marketing Assistant by clicking here.
|FOR A LIMITED TIME RECEIVE 25% OFF AN iPAD EDITION!|
Here’s what you get when you start publishing to the iBookstore today with this exclusive offering from Outskirts Press:
- Greater exposure for your book.
- 100% profits. Royalties are not split with Outskirts Press.
- Full control over your retail price.
- Your own Private Label Imprint and Bowker-Approved ISBN.
- Publishing freedom and independence.
Are you ready to take advantage of this growing market? Click here to get started right away. Don’t forget to enter the promotion code: IPAD25PCT at checkout to take advantage of your 25% limited-time savings!
|TOP 10 DIAMOND BOOKS FROM OUTSKIRTS PRESS AUTHORS|
|TOP 5 PUBLISHING HEADLINES|
- Seven advantages of having an e-book format
- The 5 benefits of print-on-demand publishing
- Outskirts Press announces July’s memoir kit winners
- Full color on-demand printing is now just as affordable as black & white for self-publishing authors
- Free Kindle edition for authors self-publishing with Outskirts Press in August
|AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT & SUCCESS STORY|
“My whole experience with Outskirts Press was outstanding. From the time I first submitted my children’s story book for publication, a team of specialists guided me through the entire process of publishing Fritzi Finds a New Home. As a novice writer, I knew almost nothing about the publishing procedures. I had many questions, which they answered quickly and they patiently helped me to overcome my hesitancy and maintain enthusiasm. I am very happy with the book.”
Nellie Branan’s story is based on a real dog who came to their house as a forlorn, bedraggled stray with soulful eyes begging for someone to love him. She and her husband considered Fritzi a special blessing because he gave them unconditional love and loyalty. The pleasure he brought to their lives filled a void that they had not known existed. Nellie is a retired English teacher and her husband, Bud, a retired mechanic. They live in rural Ohio and their lives revolve around home and an extensive family.
Abandoned and afraid, Fritzi searches for a new home. Left alone in the deep woods, Fritzi realizes that no one will be coming to rescue him. He is terrified by a violent thunderstorm and becomes truly lost. He then determines to find his own way out of the woods and to search for a new home. Chased, attacked, and rejected time and again on his long journey, Fritzi is injured and tired and hungry. But he continues on, bravely clinging to the hope of finding a new home where someone will welcome him and he can feel safe.
Nellie Branan, author of Fritzi Finds a New Home