There’s never been a better time to self-publish your book. Attitudes about self-publishing are changing every day. What used to be viewed with skepticism is gaining traction and recognition as authors from E.L. James to J.K. Rowling, and hundreds of thousands of others, find success in the self publishing world. What’s more, quality is no longer a concern (as long as you do it the right way).
Self-publishing a book the “right” way is what separates all those amateur self-published books from the high-quality, professional product you want your name on. As such, here are five things to consider when publishing your book.
- High-quality. Is your publisher equipped with a stable of qualified, experienced experts in every aspect of book publishing and marketing to assist you in achieving the highest quality book possible? Whether it’s professional copy writing, cover design, or a host of custom marketing options, choose a publisher with the widest variety of services tailored to each author’s needs and delivered by skilled service providers.
- Publishing support. Forget the stress of trying to figure out for yourself all the little details that go into properly formatting and publishing a professional looking book. Instead, select a full-service publishing firm with a professional staff of experienced gurus who are always on hand to assist you with the nitty-gritty details, so you can spend your time doing what you do best – writing!
- Post-publication support. For many authors, the period after publication is the most challenging, although most authors don’t realize this until after they’re published. This is when 99% of the publishers out there forget all about you. You’ve written and printed your book – now what? Choose a self-publisher that follows through after publication with tons of free advice, a robust social media community, and competitively-priced marketing options to help you boost awareness of you and your book.
- 100% royalties. Once you publish your book, you should keep 100% of the profits it generates, through paperback sales, hardcover sales, Kindle and Nook sales, etc. Equally important: your royalty shouldn’t vary (in other words, it shouldn’t go down) if someone buys your book from Amazon or Barnes & Noble rather than from your publisher’s own website. 100% is 100%, and there’s nothing better.
- Satisfaction. Are other authors satisfied with your publisher of choice? Does your publisher have an active Facebook community filled with satisfied writers? Does your publisher post new comments from recently published authors multiple times a week? Does your publisher have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau?
If your publisher is Outskirts Press, the answers to all these questions is: Yes.
|HOW CAN YOU GET $800 OF FREE UPGRADES TODAY?|
Get $300 of “Mad Money” with the promotion code below when you choose to publish with our industry-leading Diamond publishing service or our full-color Pearl publishing service. You can apply your $300 of “Mad Money” toward any optional production or marketing option we offer during the pre-production process. And with many of our optional services beginning at just $99, you can get quite a few! Apply it to options such as official copyright registration, custom cover design, the Amazon Extreme package, or many others.
Authors who start with Outskirts Press by choosing the Diamond or full-color Pearl publishing packages will receive this $300 service for free.
In addition to saving the $300 on this option, you’ll also get the following savings with your Diamond package:
- Standard Press Release. $99 value included free when you order your Diamond publishing service today.
- Audio Excerpt. $99 value included free with your Diamond order today and a great way to share your voice with your readers, literally!
- E-Book Edition (pdf). $99 value included free with your Diamond publishing service.
- Cover Image. $99 value included free and a great way to enhance your cover.
- Spring Arbor additional distribution. $99 value to complement the Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Ingram availability already included with your Diamond publishing service.
All in all, you’re looking at $800 of free stuff (and the $300 “Mad Money” works for the full-color Pearl package, too!)
|TOP 3 PUBLISHING HEADLINES|
- How To Reach the Right Audience with your Self-Published Book
- How to get the Right Cover for your Self-Published Book
- Using Social Media to promote your Book
|AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT & SUCCESS STORY|
“My Author Representative went the extra mile several times during the initial pre-publication process. Bridget stayed right on top of it and kept me informed until a few technical problems were resolved. I have used Outskirts Press for five books and very pleased with the representation and service.”
Charles L. Fields grew up surrounded by the seaside beauty of Rockport, Massachusetts and the artists who attempted to depict it. His varied and bizarre careers went from banana boat engineer to lobster dealer to chicken hatchery manager and include being an author, poet, sculptor and world traveler. These lifetime experiences enriched his published memoir, Many Lands Many Hearts and add realism and depth to his fictional writing. He is married and divides his time between Massachusetts and Arizona. This book follows Sentimental Me, Canyons of the Soul and Broken Spirit in the Charles Stone travel mystery series.
- Charles L. Fields, author of Tainted Dish