You’ve written and published a book, which means you’ve done 20% of the work required to becoming a successful self-publishing author. Now it’s time to get started with the other 80% – marketing. If you’re a published Outskirts Press author, you’re in luck. We’ve bundled our most popular marketing options under one umbrella making it extremely easy to jumpstart your book promotion efforts. Meet our Book Blast Package which contains all of the following:
1. Custom Press Release
The Custom Press Release combines information solicited from the author with the expertise of our writers. The result — a professional release that is focused on showcasing your book.
Your Custom Press Release will be:
- electronically distributed to a database of approximately 100,000 media contacts, newsrooms, industry analysts, and freelance writers who receive daily email listings of press releases which match their filter criteria
- posted to syndicated news feeds on other web sites through our XML/RSS news feed
- optimized for search engine placement
2. PR Publicist Campaign
With the PR Publicist Campaign, a publicist will further distribute your Custom Press Release. We will e-mail it directly to book reviewers and editors in print, radio, television, trades, E-zines, syndicates, and wires — locally, regionally, and nationwide. This additional distribution circuit consists of over 21,000 national media contacts.
Then, we send you every resulting media lead. Usually those leads will come in the form of a book review or interview request. You will also receive a sample cover letter to use when following up on each lead.
3. 60 Second Book Video Trailer and Digital Viral Distribution
Movie trailers (commonly called “previews”) are shown at the beginning of movies. They let you take a sneak peek into an upcoming film. What if you could promote your book the same way? Well, you can. Our Book Video Trailers allow you to engage your audience’s eyes AND ears. Each trailer includes:
- Music — you provide your own or we choose a piece from our collection.
- Text — we briefly describe your book
- Images — you provide your own or we choose from our database of over 1 million images
- Distribution — YouTube, MetaCafe, Vimeo, etc.
BONUS: Your video will also be embedded into your Outskirts Press author webpage for you.
Press play to see a sample of a recent book video trailer:
4. Book Review Submission
We have identified 10 book reviewers who have all demonstrated a tendency to review alternatively-published and self-published books. When you purchase our Book Review Submission Service, we will submit your book to these reviewers (or 10 others of your choosing) for you. Included in the submission to these reviewers is everything they typically require to consider writing a review, such as:
- a professional cover letter
- a professional press release
- your sales sheet
- a complimentary copy of your book for the reviewer to consider and keep
Positive reviews on popular websites and blogs or within popular journals can improve sales and lead to positive word-of-mouth, which is a precursor to the viral publicity and “buzz” that all authors dream of.
5. Personal Marketing Assistant
What’s a busy author to do to stay on top of follow-up that may result from a viral video, an amazing review, and/or a potential flurry of interview requests from a publicist campaign? Sit back and relax while their Personal Marketing Assistant follows through on these things for them.
Upon purchase, you will be entitled to a 5 hour block of one-on-one assistance. That block includes an initial 30 minute phone consultation. Here are just some of the many things your Personal Marketing Assistant can help you with:
- PR Publicist Campaign lead follow-up
- Suggesting advertising venues for your book and placing ads for you
- Calling bookstores in your area to pitch your book and/or arrange book signings
- Other book marketing tasks as needed
Is it time to get published and receive marketing support and services like this?